Every year, my buddy ~ Denise would always be one of the first to date me in my birthday month. We share very similar taste for food, hence it's easy to decide on places. Usually, we would go Ma Maison, but this year I decided we should try something different.
I decided to head to Orchid Hotel at Tanjong Pagar, as we could try the popular Ramen Keisuke Tonkatsu King & adjoin next door for desserts at Cake Spade! What a brilliant idea right?! keke!
Upon arriving at Ramen Keisuke, there was already a queue outside the tiny eatery... while Denise joined the Q first, i went over to check out Cake Spade. Well, the food outlets here really have limited sitting capacity & it's a friday evening.... Cake Spade had been on my To-Eat list for some time & after hearing from a fren that the Strawberry Tofu Cheesecake is a Must Try here... i told Denise about it. I saw only 3 slices of the Strawberry Tofu Cheesecake laying there & I quickly asked the server if they still have? Being kiasu, I made a reservation for 2 slices (juz in case)!
I hopped back to Ramen Keisuke & marked our order on the order form & once we got our seats, the ramen were served piping hot the next minute! I picked the regular ramen with everything except onion (u can pick which garnishing u dun want). While Denise opted for the Shoyu ramen. On the table, there's also a free flow of spicy beansprouts and boiled eggs. Surprisingly, i quite like the beansprouts! I must say our ramen serving is huge & so were the slices of char shu! (it's quite difficult to manage the big slices thou)
We conquered the ramen in about 20 mins or so & being very full, we took a leisure walk around 100AM Mall to digest our dinner... At 8pm, we went to Cake Spade & noticed that the tiny cafe with only a few tables were packed... After hanging around awhile, we finally got to sit Al Fresco... We ordered a bottle of Blueberry White Tea to share & two slices of the Strawberry Tofu Cheesecake. Hmm... The cakes look really mouth-watering while snapping away. When i dig into the first bite, i immediately give it a perfect score! Both of us love anything strawberry & I like that the toppings had really big strawberries wrapped in a jelly, but not too sweet... the cake texture is really smooth & light supported by a thin biscuit crust. Hence, I do not feel 'jelat' eating the whole big slice by myself! It's 5.90 each! The Blueberry White Tea is also fragrant & comes with light fruity taste, we do like the design of the bottle too!
In a nutshell, both of us enjoyed our meal & chit chat session... I really would love to return to Cake Spade soon to try the Peach Tofu Cheesecake!

No comments:
Post a Comment