Cherie invited me to her son ~ Ayden's 1st birthday party today! It's my first time meeting Ayden boi boi, thou i have all along follow Adrienne & Ayden's blog. I enjoy reading abt her darlings cos their blog never fails to make me laugh! ^o^
I brought my kit lens & 50mm lens to practice kids' photography... I regretted not bringing my P&S cam during Adri's 1st bday last time! I shall not miss the opportunity tis round! The venue was at YCK Grassroots Club ~ children's playroom... Upon reaching, I immed search for Cherie...oorh, finally saw tis bz woman after asking her Po Po! Time really flies...imagine we last met during Adri's 1st bday & now Adri is 3+yrs old liao! I'm so glad to mit up wif her, cos we shared so much tog previously in our course of work!
After a brief chat, I quickly started my photography... starting wif my wide angle for the party's area shoot & subsquently used my 50mm lens (juz bought at 40% discount) for close-ups of the beautiful bday cake & the kids. The 50mm lens is the cheapest lens but it has infinite power if u noe how to utilise it, cos it's capable of low light shooting, wif F1.8! When i saw the safari themed cake, i immed guess wat it symbolise, haha! Hippo is Cherie & Rhino is Fabian, haha! Then i read their blog, realise Pig is Adri & Tiger is Ayden! So cute concept!
While crazily snapping away, i met Cherie's fren who is the 'official' photographer for the party. Of course, our common topic is our cam gears, hehe! He also agreed that the 50mm lens is great for portraits! So, he took care of all the group fotos wif his 18 - 200mm. After tucking into the buffet, i went to play wif Adri & Ayden. Since there were lotsa guests crowding for foto session wif Cherie, Fabian & Ayden...Adri went to play Iphone games wif Bryan! I also went to play wif them, keke! I moved between Adrienne & Ayden, playing wif them... so fun!
There were some kiddy rides in the playroom & I saw Adri climbing up & down...was worried if she will fall down. Adri is such a sweet darling & after warming up to me, she even gestured me to sit next to her on the kiddy ride! *melt my heart* Prior to tis, I even asked her permission if i can take fotos for her, she shook her head...So, i respect tis little gal. Have to tink of ways to capture the moments liao... I went to hide behind another 'car' & waited for Adri to break into her smile. Issac was seated wif her on the kiddy ride. So, Issac asked Adri to turn & look at me! Hohoho! I got the shot & showed Adri my LCD... asked her, "who's this pretty gal?'' Adri spontanteously pointed to herself! Wahaha! Damm innocent & cute!
Next, Adri was holding onto her 'dragonfly' balloon & wanted to climb onto another 'car' ride... but i told her the balloon couldn't get in, why not let me hold for her 1st? But juz at tis same time, another boy climbed onto the same ride. Adri also climbed on the car & i was watching her... The little boy actually asked Adri to move off! Wah lau! So selfish kid! Adri damm steady lo, she ignored the boy & continued to enjoy her 'driving', I really admire Adri's high EQ! This little darling sure can go far in life! I love to observe kids' behaviour as there's always full of surprises! There's a saying "3嵗定80"... but of course along the life stages, things will chg too! I wish to have a sweet little gal, juz like Adri in the future!
Then, I went to snap fotos for Ayden playing wif his great-grandma & subsequently enjoying himself in the play pen... Ayden is also a happy-go-lucky boy! He loves to break into his toothy grin... Best part, he juz smile whenever i point my cam at him! Does he likey me too? haha! The play pen was quite pack wif the kids & I juz hover outside it for veri long to capture his instantaneous moments... I max my 50mm wif F1.8 such that the whole netting of the playpen was blurred out & only the faces were sharp! So cool! 1st time try this! While shooting, I threw the balls & played wif Adyen & made him laugh so much! I even squatted till my legs cramped! Issac also joined me in the shooting, so does Cherie's cousins...
By 8pm, most of the guests started leaving liao... I saw Adri holding onto a Ladybird balloon & got her to sit at the slide... I told Adri, "Kiss the Ladybird'' Adri immediately obliged! I quickly pressed my shutter, haha! My fav shot of the day! It's a quick 1 second shot & she went to play again....that's the challenge for kids' photography!
Back home, i realised the fotos were up to my expectations & din required much editing, except downsizing & adding borders. I also created my 1st video montage matched wif an OST ~ 張懸 《寶貝》... a popular song in 'guitar world'... a lullaby sang unplugged style wif guitar!



1 comment:
muacks muacks muacks muacks muacks.. i just can't kiss u enough! hahahaha... =D such a nice post on the party.. love ya! and thanks for the efforts & beautiful pics & vid gal!!
p.s. adri is also a monster in dsiguise.. though i m reali curious who is the boy who ask her to get off.. hmmm... confirm + guarantee he dunno who her mother is.. hahahaha!
Post a Comment