Wednesday, April 03, 2013

Day 10: Tsujiki Fish Market, Odaiba & Tokyo Tower

 photo DSCF1385-Ed.jpg

 photo DSCF1388-Ed.jpgIt's coming to an end of my Japan trip ~ the incessant rain from yesterday continued till today! Goodness! I went ahead with my plan to Tsujiki Fish Market & got there in the storm, luckily it was close to the station. By the time I reached, the stalls had closed as it was late morning & they were done with the sale of their fish in the wee hours. The market was having its routine clean up but I still got a feel of how their market looked like. My original idea was to check out the fresh sashimi stalls but seeing the extremely long queue, I did not like the idea of queuing in the cold. I ended up at a small eatery selling only chicken rice. It's cheap & I was surprised that the Tori & soft boiled egg mixed together turned out to be yummy!
 
 photo DSCF1391-Ed.jpg
 
 photo DSC_0647-StrawberryCheesecake.jpg

I got back to Tsujikishijo station & took a subway to Higashi-Ginza. I spent the afternoon leisurely exploring the Ginza area partly due to the rain & in the event if the rain got heavy, I could still seek shelter in the malls. Ginza is just like Orchard Road, with all the big brand names. I stopped by Sony HQ & took a look at all the Sony's gadgets. From there, I saw a nice café across the junction. Without hesitation, I went into the café to rest my tired feet, while enjoying a slice of Strawberry Mille Crepe. It's heavenly! How I wish every now & then could savour such nice dessert on a lazy afternoon! By now, the rain had came to a stop & goodness, it had rained continuously for 36hrs in Tokyo!
 
 photo DSCF1396-Ed.jpg

 photo IMG_7691-Ed.jpg

Perfect timing for me to go to Odaiba! Yeah! There's a different monorail line (Yurikamome) serving the Odaiba area. It's a totally different feel as I saw a beautiful view from the monorail that really blew me away! It's love at First Sight for Odaiba! I alighted at Aomi Station, the final stop outside Palette Town.
 
 photo DSCF1399-Ed.jpg  photo DSCF1401-PanoramafromVenusFort.jpg

 photo IMG_7722-RawEd.jpg

 photo IMG_7723-RawEd.jpg

There is a colourful Ferris Wheel at Palette Town & Toyota's "MEGA WEB" auto showroom. After some photoshoot, I admired the scenery for awhile before strolling over to the waterfront. A breath-taking sunset scene awaiting me here! After 36hrs of downpour, the orange glow of the rays were amplified by the clouds. I wish Time would STOP here! I shot thru' the blue hour & saw how the Rainbow bridge illuminated. The place that I had always wish to see is now appearing in front of my eyes.
 
 photo IMG_7752-RawEd.jpg

 photo IMG_7771-RawEd.jpg

 photo IMG_7744-HamburgerSteakwithEbi.jpg

I also took photos of the life sized Gundam outside DiverCity & found myself hunting for dinner at Aquacity. Since this was the last dinner of my trip, I ordered this huge serving of Hamburger Steak with Ebi Tempura set. Wow! Really oishii! I returned to the deck of Aquacity for night shoot of the Rainbow Bridge & it was freezing cold! Suddenly, a couple spoke to me in Japanese ~ Sumimasen (excuse me!) I helped them took a pic with their canon dslr & both were smiling when they reviewed their pic! Despite the wintry coldness, I strolled back to capture the night illumination of the Ferris Wheel.
 
 photo IMG_7775-RawEd.jpg

 photo IMG_7780-RawEd.jpg

Lastly, I rushed to Tokyo Tower just before its lights-off at 10pm! Phew! It's also my dream to visit Tokyo Tower & the lyrics of Sammi Cheng's song 《終身美麗》filled my mind. Subsequently, I bumped into a HK couple who thought I am Hongkie too! We helped each other shoot & eventually chatting while making our return journey to Shinjuku. I'm thankful that the rain stopped in time for me to enjoy my last night in Tokyo!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Popular Reader's Choice