Tuesday, April 02, 2013

Day 9: Hello Doraemon @ Fujiko. F. Fujio Museum!

 photo DSC_0615-TullyCoffee.jpg Today is my most look forward highlight of my trip! There's a downpour since early morning & I was stuck... I chanced upon Tully's Coffee at Kinokuniya bookstore, so I went to the café to chill out. I ordered a cup of hot Honey Milk Latte & spent my time to go thru' the Tokyo tourist guide again to tweak my plan. The Latte was really smooth & sweetness level just nice, I would definitely buy again! With the incessant rainfall, I could only spend the morning enjoying the 7 storeys Kinokuniya! Omg! I really love the bookstore & how I wish I could understand Japanese! A whole level was devoted just for Manga!
 
 photo DSCF1343-Ed.jpg

Nearing noon, I proceeded to Shinjuku station for lunch. I had to use cash to pay for my tickets from now as my Rail Pass had expired. I was so used to the convenient of flashing my rail pass to get thru' the gates! I popped by a small curry rice eatery & saw many locals lunching. I purchased the ticket at its vending machine & got my Katsu Curry Set with Miso & Salad pretty fast. Eating in such local eatery is a rather cramp affair at their counter seats. But I totally enjoyed my filling lunch & the Katsu was really yummy!
 
 photo DSC_0617-ShuttleBustoFujikoMuseum.jpg

I headed to board a train on the Odakyu Odawara Line to Noborito Station, located in Kawasaki City. I think the station's name ~ Noborito sounds alike to Nobita ~ Doraemon's owner! I waited for the museum's shuttle bus outside Noborito. Wow! Their shuttle bus is really kawaii!
 
I arrived at Fujiko.F.Fujio Museum half an hour earlier than my ticketed 2pm slot. There were already a queue. Probably it's their spring holiday so many kids packed the place despite a weekday. Each day, there's only 4 allocated time to enter & tickets had to be purchase upfront at Lawson's Loppi machine. Adult price is 1,000 Yen.
 
 photo DSC_0621-DoraemonCollage.jpg

I love the display cabinets outside where I snap all the cute Doraemon toys & related merchandise while queuing. No photography is allowed inside the museum, except for the open area. At 2pm, the door opened & a museum's guide spoke in Japanese to give a brief intro & advice visitors to get a set of the headphone before proceeding.
 
After getting my English language headphone, I realised that I had to finish touring the place accordingly before I could go to the Doraemon Café on the top floor! Alas, hence I could not get a Cafe's queue ticket first. I thoroughly enjoyed the exhibit as I saw 3-D animated Doraemon by peering into the screen. It's a sequential animation, very cute! Besides Doraemon, Fujiko also created other animations such as Q-taro before Doraemon was born. Coming here is really a dream come true for a true-blue Doraemon Fan like me!
 
 photo IMG_7655-Ed.jpg
 
 photo DSCF1347-AnywhereDoor.jpg
 
 photo IMG_7661-Ed.jpg

I had always been amazed by the unlimited creativity of Fujiko for developing so many gadgets in each episode of Doraemon's cartoon. I finished the museum in an hour & went to the café to get a queue no. Oh no, it stated that the minimum wait would be 120mins! Ok, so I went on to check out the outdoor area amidst the drizzle. The museum even allocated staff to distribute umbrellas for visitors, so thoughtful! Of course, I was thrilled to find the 'Anywhere Door' in the park! This gotta be one of the best gadgets of Doraemon!
 
 photo IMG_7665-Ed.jpg
 
 photo IMG_7677-DoraemonDorami.jpg

There's a take-away area for snacks & purchase of Doraemon Dorayaki. I went to buy two of them to bring home. I went back to the café & it turned out to be a much longer wait... by now, the drizzle had turned into a thunderstorm! I was blessed that I managed to get the 2pm slot, instead of the 4pm. Else I wouldn't get a chance to take photos of the outdoor area! I spent my time browsing the Japanese doraemon manga at a dedicated corner & trying my luck at the capsule toy machines. But alas, I didn't have much luck in getting a Doraemon toy! There's also a merchandise store which was packed by all the visitors.
 
 photo DSCF1360-DoraemonIceChoc.jpg

 photo DSCF1362-DoriyakiwithMachaIce-Cream.jpg

Finally, after 3hrs wait I got a seat in the Doraemon Café! I ordered an Ice Chocolate & a Matcha ice-cream with Dorayaki. Woohoo! I was like a kid happily taking pics of my lovely desserts. An aunty working in the café even offered to help me take a pic with my food. Despite the cold rainy weather, I still enjoy my dessert. Thou I would say these are rather costly.
 
 photo DSCF1381-ShibuyaTrafficCrossing.jpg

 photo DSC_0644-PorkRamenatShibuya.jpg

After leaving the museum, I made my way to Shibuya & shopped around despite the heavy rain. I stopped by a ramen shop for dinner & the Pork Ramen served with nicely done tamago was simply oishii! So nice to have a bowl of hot ramen in this cold & wet weather. As it's getting late & shops starting to close, I could only return to my lodging to rest.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Popular Reader's Choice