Thursday, April 04, 2013

Day 11: Leisure Stroll @ Shinjuku Garden & Harajuku

I wonder is it every time when I was about to leave a city, then Mr.Sun will appear? This held true thru 'out my trip! It's a sunny morning today & also spelt the last few hours I had left with to explore Tokyo. Following my style set for this trip, I would always leave the last place of interest usually located near my stay till the last half day.
 
Lovely! photo DSCF1408-Ed.jpg

Honey Milk Latte & Hotdog photo DSCF1410-TullysHotdogLatte.jpg

This is my view while having breakfast... so perfect! photo DSC_0659-Ed.jpg
 
For this morning, I had a wonderful plan in mind... I strolled to Tully's Coffee where I chilled out previous day & got a take-away hotdog with my fav Honey Milk Latte. My breakfast was packed in a nice box & I happily brought it to Shinjuku Gyoen National Garden. I found myself an empty bench underneath the huge sakura blossom... woohoo! My ideal way to round up my trip & also a FIRST for me to have breakfast in a park. The wonderful scenery paired perfectly with my delicious breakfast.
 
 photo IMG_7813-Ed.jpg

Silhouette photo IMG_7831-SakuraBarrenTrees.jpg

The park was huge according to the map & the garden was segregated into English, French & Japanese landscaped garden. There's also a greenhouse which is home to tropical plants such as orchids. I was glad the weather was nice with some breeze as I explored the vast garden. It seems that every part lies a photo opportunity!
 
Winter feel... photo IMG_7837-Ed.jpg

Nature is the best artist... photo IMG_7839-BWBarrenTrees.jpg

Contrast photo IMG_7850-Ed.jpg

Hanami photo IMG_7852-RawEd.jpg

Sakura & Artist photo IMG_7860-Artistsketchsakura.jpg
 
Focus photo IMG_7864-SketchingSakura.jpg

 photo IMG_7873-RawEd.jpg

Sharing a joke... photo IMG_7895-Ed.jpg

Pink Splash! photo IMG_7897-SakuraScattered.jpg

 photo IMG_7918-Ed.jpg

 photo IMG_7951---RawEd.jpg

I like the 'Avenue of Sycamore Trees' where rows of neatly planted barren trees exuded a wintry feel in the midst of Spring! I used my compact to capture 180degree panorama view here! Cool! As I progressed on, I saw a signage which showed the many variety of Sakura. I also had abit of time sitting on the lush green fields. I saw a bunch of photography enthusiasts setting their tripods to shoot the swirling sakura flowers in a stream, so I also tried to take a few shots! Lastly, just before I left the garden, I saw two kawaii little gals playing blowing bubbles! This scene has been at the back of my mind for ages!
 
 photo IMG_7973-Ed.jpg

Harajuku Culture photo IMG_7974-HarajukuStreets.jpg

 photo IMG_7981-GyozaCollage.jpg

Yummy gyozas! photo IMG_7985-Gyoza.jpg

Realising time was running out, I went on to the nearby Harajuku. In my frantic rush, I boarded the wrong direction train & had to U-turn! Upon exiting Harajuku, I found myself at Takeshita Dori, a street lined with stores selling youngster's stuff. It was flooded with a lot of tourists! I also walked to Omotesando & decided to try using the Tripadvisor's app GPS function to locate a gyoza shop I marked last night. After much trial & error, I finally found the Harajuku Gyoza & the GPS is accurate! This tuck-away stall at one of the alleys was packed with both locals & tourists. I ordered a plate of 6 gyozas for my late lunch. Yummy!
 
I rushed back to my lodging at Shinjuku to pick up my luggage before walking at my fastest speed back to the station. I was glad that I decided to take the Narita Express as it saved me time to transfer train. The Narita Express train was really comfy & I found myself enjoying the last bit of scenery on the train ride to Narita Airport. Goodbye Japan! I would return for sure!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Popular Reader's Choice