It has been some time that i noticed this cardboard box-like toy robot which is popular among photographers... Out of curiosity, i decided to Google abt it one night! Oh, this little cute robot is called Danbo! Danbo means 'corrugated cardboard', is a character from a japanese manga ~ Yotsuba. A quick search online, showed a few versions but they r costly, average US$40! Finally, i stumbled upon a DIY link on youtube! I decided to create my own mini Danbo!
I had not been doing DIY art & craft for some time... this is indeed challenging! I spent an hour cutting the template carefully, especially those jagged edges! Guess wat! I spent a total of 7 hours creating my Danbo from 2 pieces of hard A4 papers... cutting, glueing & figuring out which parts join together! However, when i see my little creation on 29 Dec 2011, 0008hr... I smiled! I find this little robot is special, cos when doing it, i couldn't even figure out which piece form which part of its tiny body... the toughest is doing the arms joints & head joints, such that its head can tilt left/right, up/down!
Being a poor photographer, this is the best i could do! I also created a 'home' made from recycled materials. Announcing the arrival of my baby ~ Riko Chan!
Give me a Hug
I wana made music wif my feets!
My new home!
A good link to read more about Danbo & its manga!


No comments:
Post a Comment