Sunday, July 05, 2009

Age Factor 。。。

Last wk, I received a green card fr ICA informing me to collect my new IC. ''that's fast!'' i tot to myself, cos i only mailed out 1 wk bef. On Fri, I went to ICA & not sure where to get a queue ticket, so i chk wif the info counter. I flash my green card to that lady & ask which counter shld i go? Her reply veri straight, ''30 yrs old nric collection, go to the machine & scan ur ic to get Q number.'' Suddenly, like a thunderblot, BANG! I realise i couldn't hide the fact I am 30 liao!!!

Well, i tink all those who r in my age grp r aware of this IC re-registration once u reach ur 30th bday. If dun abide, will kana fine leh...so i am kana 'force' to re-do a new IC.

Got my Q tix & found a seat... my tix stated there are 4 ppl in front of my Q. So i observe that there are 4 service counters, specially catering to the 30-ish folks, hehe! While waiting, i observe that one of the svc counter personnel looks unfriendly, no smile at all... it's a boring job lah to chg ic for ppl, but being frontline...shld put on a smile ba? Then glancing around... i realise guys really hv an advantage, abit hard to tell if they are 30 yr old lo? Suddenly, my chair kana 'rock' abit by 2 kids running behind....grrr... their mommy is at counter doing her IC. A tot flash past my mind... this adage saying luv by our moms ''if u lucky, u would hv been a mom urself (at tis age)'' !!! Oh manz.... I dun think having little monsters r termed lucky!! (oh, this doesn't means i dun love kids, but they do get annoying at times, esp ear-piercing screamings!)

Finally my turn, heng ah... i din kana the unfriendly personnel. I got this friendly auntie instead. Even get to chit-chat wif her... gotta make ppl work happier mah! Auntie started to ask me, ''oh, not working today?'' I gave a sheepish nod. Then, she commented '' are u a teacher?'' haha! I find this funny LoL. When i said No, she added that i've the teacher looks... waahaa! I noe i've this 乖乖 looks... it's certainly deceiving thou! But hor, i tink my 乖乖 looks help in passing thru' immigrations at airports!!! That is CHOP & Proven... my fren kana check bags 3x when they implement the No Liquid ruling, while i breeze past customs! Keke!

1 comment:

hiPPo said...

gal.. itz my turn soon.. and i simply can't reconcile the fact that i m turning 3-0!!!!!! =(

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Popular Reader's Choice