Thursday, May 29, 2014

Birthday High Tea @ d' Good Cafe

d' Good Cafe has sit on my To-Try Cafes List for quite some time & I had planned to visit here on my bday... My new fren ~ June decided to join me on this cafe hunt as well. 


After watching Spiderman, we boarded the MRT from Harbourfront to Holland Village. The location of this cafe is easy to spot as it is just a stone throw away from the station's exit. As we pushed thru' the front door, we saw a sign to take the elevator... the elevator looks really unique, like those used to transport food inside a restaurant. We stood for a few minutes waiting for this unique elevator, upon stepping in... we were stumped on how to get it to move!? There's no normal lift's buttons...then we figured out, had to press & hold this big button! haha! 



We stepped out at level 2 & smelled the aroma of coffee brewing in the kitchen... It's late afternoon and the cafe was pretty much filled with both working adults and students. I'm glad that the two special Swings seats were available! After securing our seats, we went to check out the menu at the counter. The cafe's ambience is vibrant & lively as i could see the youngsters working away busily... I read reviews that the their signature cake is its Maple Sea Salt Cheesecake, it's not cheap thou costing around $9 (but quite a big slice to share). My fren ordered a Signature Chocolate, while i got myself a Power Berries smoothie (cos no more mango flavour). 


I find the drinks are rather mediocre as they are not sweet enough & the hot choc is dilute. I only like its Latte Art, which really depends on luck which cute design you get. Perhaps their coffee is still the ultimate choices... The Maple Sea Salt Cheesecake is pretty good, thou I was feeling hungry... i must admit the slice is big & filling! Well, we had much fun taking pics of our high tea & selfies... I really love the swing idea. Only downside is the window view (nothing much)... u gotta add a dose of your own imagination to make everything perfect! 



After finishing our high tea, we went up to explore level 3 (The Attic)...it's a different theme & one corner is filled with toys for kids! Upon stepping out to The Balcony area, it's a good chill out spot at night & i guess it would be lovely when night falls... Overall, the design & concept of this cafe is great, suitable for hanging out with friends or couples looking for a unique coffee place.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Popular Reader's Choice