It had been years since there's a wedding in our immediate family... I had a headache as to what to wear to the banquet! I was dismayed that the white belt that i ordered didn't arrive & wondered if it was lost in the mail! I got a nice bright blue Zara scarf to go with my blouse too! Oh yea, I also got my new FaceShop make-up which denise had kindly helped me buy in Korea! My lovely fren even gifted me the blusher ^_^ I also got myself a new mascara.
For the first time, I brought along my dslr to the wedding.... we had to arrive early for the wedding solemnisation. Being early there's an advantage, as there were not many guests yet... hence I could use my 50mm lens to try out creative angles. A bouquet of pink & red roses caught my attention & I love the outcome of the shots!
While all of us sat in the room waiting for the solemnisation to start, I took some quick snaps for my cousins, aunts & uncles. My 2nd uncle is also a photography enthusiast & he brought along his Canon dslr too! As the ceremony progress, I did not rush forward to snap (like what my uncle did!) as I did not want to interrupt the official photographer & videographer. If I am the official photographer, i will be super piss!!! Hence, I will only shoot from a distance. At the end of the solemnisation, my cousin ~ WH & his wife even performed a dance! haha! I never know my cousin will practice a dance just for this!
After the ROM ceremony, together with my brother & 2 cousins we helped out at the reception desk... In-between, me & charrisa went to cam-whore! The twilight blue hours make a nice backdrop... However, when i started shooting without the aid of tripod, i realised it was really tricky to get sharp pic & without any flares from the spotlights at the balcony! We really tested many shots! Isit a hint for me to upgrade my kit lens? LoL
At 8pm, we shuffled into the ballroom for the wedding to start... Juz like any wedding, couples will play a slide-show of their growing up years. It's really shocking to see my own young time photos appearing on the big screen! The most hilarious moment was at the end of the slide show, when WH & his wife were respectively posing at the Merlion when they were a kid! The caption goes...isit Destined that they were going to Meet?
I managed to capture some shots of the wedding march-in and the champagne popping sessions.... However, I find that the shots were not so ideal. Overall, it was a good opportunity to practice photography!






No comments:
Post a Comment