Saturday, December 08, 2012

Canon Powershot Seminar @ Bugis+

Today marks an important day for my buddy ~ Wei... she's one of the guest speakers for Canon Powershot Seminar "Power in your Hands" at Bugis+.  She invited me and ruby to attend the talk.  Upon arrival and registration, I took some quick snaps of the photo-boards. 
 
 
The MC for the afternoon was Michelle Chong. As the first speaker, Wei shared her round the world trip's photos taken with her Powershot camera. This was indeed the very first camera she own!  Her backpack travel over 500 days brought her to many countries as far as the off-beaten roads of Africa & I think she really has an eye for photography. Frankly, thou photography can be trained but I think you do need to be gifted to a certain extent!
 
There were 3 other speakers for the seminar, covering sports, food & mountain-climbing photography.... Singapore's famous mountaineer ~ Khoo Swee Chiow who had scaled the Mt. Everest and the deadly dangerous K2 Mountain shared his amazing snow-capped mountains shots. The treacherous mountains are definately not for the novice climbers...
 
 
 
After the interesting seminar, each of us collected a goodie bag which was really heavy! Inside packed 2 Canon's PhotoYou magazines, bag & umbrella. There's also a tea r eception to fill our tummies! After the break, I last minute joined Wei's photo-walk group. I brought along my compact camera & did some random shots... while observing how participants flooding Wei with questions, haha! It's tiring holding the heavy bag & trying to shoot at the same time!  I'm glad to speak to Jino Lee from Canon Academy. I had attended his introductory class when i first got my dslr & admire his travel photos.
 
 
Now, shall look forward to Wei's baby ~ her travel & photo books that will be published in May 2013 & available at Popular bookstores. There will be both english & chinese editions. It's really great to see my fren fufilling her dreams! Gambate!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Popular Reader's Choice