Last evening visited the Bay East Garden & today impromptu decided to visit the opposite side of the river... Woke up still feeling legarthic due to insomia and editing of previous night's photos. Met up with ruby & clara for a late lunch at Marina Square's Cafe Cartel. I ordered this huge serving of ribs & couldn't even finish it! After the heavy lunch, I proposed that we take the MRT to Bayfront. I wanted to check out the STAR Carnival organised by The Straits Times, there would be opportunities to practice taking some shots of the Cosplay contestants.
We boarded the train from Promenade to Bayfront for the first time. The underground MRT tunnel leading to the Gardens by the Bay's exit was nicely decorated with abstract floral billboards, which made interesting backdrops for photoshoot! Upon stepping out of the station, we felt drops of rain falling on us! Alamak! Just earlier, we saw the weather was cloudy & nice... Due to the rain, we were stuck under a shelter for some time. Too bad, Clara gotto leave before exploring the garden.
As the rain got lesser, I decided to flash out my umbrella & together wif ruby, we randomly walked a part of the garden. After some searching, we finally located the main carnival area! I saw people playing games at the booths & stilt-walkers entertaining the crowd. Then, we noticed there's a Q at the ice-cream peddler & wonder if it is free? I asked a man if the cone was free & YES! Without hesitation, we also joined the Q to get a free ice-cream cone each to chill out! It was a much needed relief from the heat. The weather was both sunny & drizzling!
After some time, we also took part in their 'Headlines Contest' & received a notebook as momento. At 5pm+, the cosplay participants lined up to wait for their chance to show-off their dressings. It was extremely packed as the 'red carpet' was a small area. I gave up after taking some shoots.
![]() |
| HDR shot with Sony Xperia hp |
On our way out of the gardens, the rain had stopped & skies showed a nice blue hue with lovely clouds. We stopped for awhile under the Super Trees for some snapshots. Not too bad for our first time visit. Only downfall was I fell sick the next day & got a really bad cough for the rest of the week! So much scarifice for the passion of photography!
| Love these Awesome Clouds! |


No comments:
Post a Comment