There's no particular plans this weekend, so I suggested to Ruby let's visit the Botanic Gardens again! The last time we went was around this time in 2009 & had fun shooting wif our compact cams.
Now I know which part of the cow I'm eating!
R&R at PS Cafe
Our 1st stop was at Dempsey Hill, wif plans to have a leisure afternoon lazing at PS Cafe... I reached Dempsey first & had problems locating the Cafe. Ruby was really late! However, it turned out to be a blessing in disguise as i managed to use the waiting time to stroll around & take photos! After walking one round, I finally spotted the PS Cafe! The place was packed & seems like a good deal of tourists! Got a 2-seater table by the window & I started shooting, as i gotta put the creative ideas in mind to work! I purposedly placed their name card wif the vase & flower for shooting...hehe! After some time, ruby arrived & we decided to share tis huge carrot cake! Frankly, this is my 1st time eating 'ang mo' carrot cake lo! keke! Not too bad, the cake texture is moist but abit too sweet if to finish all by oneself! My drink order was a mistake, thinking lychee peach fizz will contain the REAL fruits! Duh! Ruby had the latte instead.
At 5pm+, we made our way to catch a bus to Botanic Gardens... At the entrance, i noticed that the last ticket sale for the National Orchid Garden was at 6pm! So, we quicken our steps & got our tickets at 1757! Phew! After talking abt visiting this place for 2 years, it's finally materialised! We tot that 1hr is sufficient to finish the park, alas! We're wrong! We really didn't expect this place to be so huge as we stroll explored at a leisure pace...
Look Up to spot some pretty orchids!
The 1st type of orchids we spotted were a deep purple hue but both of our dslr's LCDs showed a 'magenta' tone! This is really something new to us, as i never realise that our cams jpeg will 'read' this tone as such! Luckily, I also shot in RAW hence it preserved the original colour. As we ventured around the garden, we kept a look-out for nice looking orchids...
The 'international' tree
As we entered the orchid garden only at 6pm, veri soon the sun was setting... it got more challenging to shoot! Past 7pm, we spotted this 'sakura' colour orchid, which we found veri pretty! I spent quite abit of time here, as it was an awkard low angle to shoot & I could only roughly gauge from my LCD... after numerous shots, I'm glad I got wat i wan! Next, we walked past the function area & saw someone hosting a wedding! Juz a few steps fr here, there's an old tree, wif long extending trunks & scrutinsed closer, I saw a myraid of signatures in international languages by visitors! Wonder who started 'vandalising' this tree first?!
Then, we came to the Mist House which housed rare species of orchids... at intervals, mist would be sprayed to cool down the orchids! When we stepped in, we were hesistant to use our cams due to the mist! But the orchids here were really different from those outside... so, when the mist stopped temporarily, we shot frantically! My last shot here was done wif a tripod as it's was really too dark by then! We didn't manage to complete the whole garden & made our way out in the dark... Gosh, next time gotta bear in mind to arrive earlier!
While on our bus heading to orchard, ruby suggested to have Fish & Co for dinner... our nearest option was at the Glass House outlet. It's been donkey years since i stepped into this branch & it's a total revamp! I love the counter bar decor & couldn't resist snapping while waiting for our food! There's a live band & omg! there's at least 4 birthday celebrations on-going that evening! Finally, our Seafood Platter for Two was served & it's simply scrumptious!!!







No comments:
Post a Comment