Saturday, July 30, 2011

From Dusk2Nite @ Sentosa 。。。

It's my 3rd consecutive sat photography outing! Today, joined the 50mm Group organised by Francis for shooting at Sentosa... The idea of doing sunset shoot at Palawan has been on my mind for quite a long while, but didn't materialise...finally, I'm gg Today! Met up with the group at Siloso Beach's Macdonald's for dinner before setting off at 6pm+.  Becos of late comers, when we reached the Palawan Beach, it's already close to 6.50pm! Left juz a short window period for the Golden Hour... Francis only gave us 30mins to shoot the sunset!

When most of the group set up their tripods on the sandy beach, I didn't follow suit...instead, I juz wander around & some creative sand-building caught my attention! There's 'turtles' & 'starfish' lying on the beach ~ built fr sand! Hence inspired me to compose my shots around them.... esp love the Turtle against the setting sun! Simply reminded me of the movie by Sammi Cheng & Richie Ren 《夏日麽麽茶》& the lyrics from its theme song 《浪花一朵朵》 ^o^

As I strolled back to the meeting point, I managed to take a quick shot of this little gal after returning the ball to her.
Supposedly, Francis wana bring us to the top of Imbiah Lookout to catch the last ray of light...but we realised there's insufficient time to do that. So, we lingered another half an hour at the beach to do some night photography. It's my 1st attempt doing long exposure shots at the beach ... setting the tripod on the sand was 'challenging' too! Attempted with 30s exposure for these 2 shots.

Past 8.30pm & after a tram & bus ride to the Merlion/Imbiah Lookout area... we were left to explore on our own for 45 mins. I din like the green laser eyes of the Merlion ~ there's an element of 'evil' & 'creepy'! So, I juz wander right thru to its end & caught glimpse of the 'Song of the Sea' show. When time's up, a few members of the group had left & Francis abandoned the plan to bring us for night-trekking inside the Dragon's trail.

We headed to the Resorts' World's Lake of Dream area & saw lots of people sitting at the amphitheatre... seems like there's some show. I was not aware there's such a performance, besides the Crane Dance! When the lights came on, different elements of wind/thunder/water/fire were combined to bring on a show!  Maybe next time, i shall re-visit for a proper shoot at this area.


We ended the night at Toastbox for supper & drinks...It's really tiring but I got to know some new friends!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Popular Reader's Choice