Today would be spent in the city & sub-urban areas at a leisure pace... weather was abit chilly as temp was expected to dip these few days. I had wanted to try the congee at 海皇粥店 & went in search of its location in Mong Kok area. There's a number of their outlets as part of a franchise. When i stepped into this outlet, gosh! So cold! Not many ppl as the morning peak hour had past. I ordered my fav 皮蛋瘦肉粥+ 炸腸 (which is dough fritters wrapped in rice rolls). I simply love the 油條 in HK, somehow it doesn't turn soggy unlike Sg's type! It will remain crispy even when left in the open...I still yet to decipher how they do it!
After a scrumptious breakfast, I boarded the MTR to Wan Chai (exit A3)... Go 太原街 to see toys! haha! 3yrs ago discovered this street & realised have quite a few toy shops... Wana see if can get a doraemon replacement that Matt destroyed! Wif the Halloween craze in HK, one could see halloween related stuff & costumes hanging outside the shops. After walking one round, din see any similar doraemon :(
Had originally wanted to take the electric tram ride to Tin Hau, but a tram heading to Causeway Bay came first, so i changed my route. It's so packed & luckily i got a seat on the double-deck to take pic. Everytime, i juz enjoy taking tis traditional mode of transport, thou i noe there's a high chance of getting lost! Cos i duno the exact routes of the electric trams, haha! Randomly alighted at Causeway Bay when i saw alot ppl alight! Checked out the bookstore & wandered around looking for food... Not too familiar wif this area. Finally, I saw a noodles shop ~ 利園okie, shall try try lah! These days, I had been eating at off-peak hours to avoid the dining crowd. I tink at least in Sg, even lunch hour, i could still secure a seat...but over in HK, the eateries r usually small & cramp... most ppl prob opt for 外賣. I ordered the 牛腩面 & duno was i too hungry or wat....the beef noodles tasted damm nice! Thou the soup was abit saltish but u can taste the freshness of the beef & the springy noodles. After devouring my bowl of noodles, I still tot the serving was abit small, haha!
Went home to take a rest before heading out to Kwun Tong (觀塘)... while planning my photography itinerary, I had done a 180 degree change & chose places that I had not ventured bef! Upon alighting the station, I saw a light orangey glow in the skies & i confirmed my direction wif a passer-by. Along the way, I walked past “蛋撻王”, the egg tarts really made my mouth water! I couldn't resist the temptation to buy & it would be nice to enjoy a freshly baked egg tart in this chilly weather! I quicken my steps in order to chase the sunset! During tis period, the sun set extremely early, usually by 6pm! My 2nd evening of light-chasing...LoL
Juz before 6pm, I finally located the Kwun Tong Pier... it seems like taking ferries is one of the normal mode of transport for folks living on this part of Kowloon. It's certainly time-saving by taking a ferry to HK Island vs taking the MTR. Alamak! My egg tart was smashed juz by my brisk walk here! But it still tasted so good wif the aroma of the egg custard & now not-so-crispy puff! Sunset seems extremely short due to the clouds hidding it & some fog. Time to practice my long exposures again! By 6.30pm, i took my last shot as it's already very dark! Cold wind was blowing & seriously I had never encountered such degree of coldness in HK before.
Bused back to Kwun Tong MTR & went over to APM Mall for dinner. Alot of ppl as it's after-work, hence it's so hard to even locate a place to eat. Ended up at KFC & realised how environmentally-conscious their KFC was... they still used glass for their Pepsi & a plastic tray for the chicken! Over at their convenience stores & supermarkets, u r expected to bring your own shopping bag too. Headed home to rest to recharge for tomorrow's hiking...




No comments:
Post a Comment