Got bored at standing in the Q...
Started a long journey heading to Tung Chung MTR station & when i reached the Ngong Ping (昂平) 360 Cable Car station, OMG! Such a long snaking Q! It was an hour long Q as after buy the tix, still need to re-queue for the cable car. There's 2 types of cable car, wif the crystal cabin (see thru' flooring) cost more... While queuing, i couldn't help but notice a veri cool gal behind me...she was holding a Canon 7D! Wif her shades on, she have abit of Sammi lookalike pattern lo, haha! I was wondering if we would be in the same cabin... Upon re-queuing, seems unlikely as there were 10ppl in-bet us! But when we were assigned the cabin, she & her bf ended up wif me... Great, I've someone who noe how to use dslr to take pic for me lo ^o^
It was extremely foggy & the skies was juz greyish white...couldn't even make out any clouds ah! I agreed wif the gal who said that today's pics won't be fantastic... But i still tried veri hard to make the best out of the situation. Abt 20mins or so, we finally alighted fr the cable car. Today is Monday but still no lack of tourists thronging Lantau Island! I was waiting for my turn to snap a view of the Giant Buddha at a platform, when a Chinese couple requested me to snap for them. When I asked the aunty to help me take, she still asked me put up my hand to strike a pose, haha!
It's noon time & I continued my stroll past Ngong Ping Village ... along the way i took quite a number of pics. As I had visited Lantau wif my mom before, I din wan to ascend the long flight of steps to the Giant Buddha lah! Remember 8 yrs ago, when we came was drizzling... okie, so i shld be thankful there's no rain today despite the weather forecast predicted rain for these 3 days! I decided to look for the route leading to Wisdom Path (心經閒林), yes ah, i need to attain more wisdom! As majority of the ppl opt to go up the Giant Buddha, this is the path less travelled... I also missed it the last round. According to the itinerary, u need 7 hours to cover the temples, Widsom Path & Tai O! Haiz, i'm abit behind time due to the tix Q.
It's veri cooling & relax walking the forested path, hence i could slowly admire the surroundings... like how the leaves branched out & I utilised the back-light to photograph silhouette of the leaves. Along the way, there were clear signages... so no worry of getting lost. At the end of the path, it led me to a mountainous area ~ filled wif tall pillars engraved wif buddha scriptures. It's magnificent & I wonder how they engraved the words till so nice! Then, I heard a lady saying that these were actually tree trunks, which were chopped into halves before the scriptures were written! Amazing! There were steps leading up & due to the magnificent heights & strong wind, it posed a challenge to photograph too...
After enjoying this scenic view, i descended the mountain & returned to the main village place to wait for the bus. According to my research, the bus to Tai O runs every 1 hr! Thankfully, I din need to wait too long & I was looking forward to eating the street snacks there.... When I reached Tai O (大澳), i ventured fr its main streets & wanted to find some snacks... I had wanted to find the famous 雞蛋仔叔叔 mentioned on forum, but all i could spot was 山水豆腐花 & sponge cake.... So disappointing! Perhaps they only operate on wkends... A sleepy fishing village on wkdays indeed.
Simply luv this retro letter-box!
The magnificent view fr someone's backyard
Beyond's 《海濶天空》很適合這裡!
First time 'shooting' a bird in the wild!
Ah Po cleaning the fish to make salted fish. Sharp-eyed fiesty Ah Po chopped a bee wif her knife! Dun play play!
As I strolled down the streets, I started to find interesting stuff to snap & then i stumbled upon an opening. I cut thru' someone's backyard & came closer to the stilt houses & river! This was really a great retreat... away fr the hustle & bustle of HK's city! Walking further, I walked past a BBQ pit area... if having a BBQ in this cold weather would be fantastic! Then i came to the end of the path where there's a temple. I could see the swift currents sweeping fr the sea & diverging into rivers.... only the sounds of running water & wind, I felt abit in paradise, haahaa! It's nearing sunset, hence i better make my way out before dusk.
Back at the pier, there was only a tiny streak of sunlight to be seen... I would imagine how pretty this would be during summer! Next, boarded a 40min roller-coaster bus back to Tung Chung....OMG! I felt so dizzy at the end of the ride. After buying my dinner, I couldn't even stomach down, I was wondering if i could make it home.... luckily i did ultimately! I learnt my lesson today ~ Never underestimate the distance needed to walk & not to go hungry again!












No comments:
Post a Comment