I had been looking forward to this trip for weeks! It's been 3 years since I visited my '2nd home' ~ Hong Kong. It had been a veri much impromptu trip and I really wana get away... Being my 6th visit to HK, it's getting challenging to plan my itinerary as I wana venture to interesting places for my photography shoots. This would be a trip juz me & my cam 仔, meant to be done at a leisure pace. My plan was to do a sunset shot at each location everyday....
First time flying via Jetstar & I tot the 10am flight timing was perfect! But alas, luck was not wif me and thou boarded the flight on time, the plane was cruising on the runway for almost an hour! Omg! It was 11am+ before the pilot announced that the flight was diverted to another runway, there was an air-traffic jam as the SQ plane in front had hit a bird! I tot i heard wrongly but the couple sitting next to me heard that too! Geez! All my years of flying had never encountered such incident! How come strike 4-D doesn't comes that easy? I was counting wat time i would arrive in HK... haiz.
My hostel located at Sincere Building was juz a stone-throw from the MTR exit. The building is relatively old & it's actually a typical HK version of HDB. Under the same roof, many levels of the building were used by both offices & hostels... I was allocated the 13th floor by the hostel (MK Business Hotel) & had a culture shock when i saw my room! Thou i expected it to be small but it's even smaller than i tot! 2.5 steps from my room's door to my bed! I tink if any bigger luggage would have problem too! After dumping my bags, I quickly went to grab a bite at the 茶餐廳. It's 5pm and I haven even eat lunch! I ordered a 豬扒叮面 + 檸蜜, both being my comfort food. After filling my tummy, it's shopping time at MK area! The sky already darken by now, the sky at 6pm was like our 7+ to 8pm! Armed wif a HK street directory (for the 1st time), I quickly tried to locate the camera shops i had researched on. Luckily, i marked the exact locations & Mong Kok is huge like a maze....so it's really crucial to know the exact place to reduce the time finding. After comparing prices at the few major outlets, I bought my dlsr stuff & headed to 許留山for desserts! Nothing beats a yummy Mango Sago to cheer myself up! Shiok! I was hesistant if to go back to rest or proceed wif my original plan.
Ultimately, I hopped onto the MTR & headed to Tsim Sha Tsui (TST). On my way to the Star Ferry, I walked past 1881 Heritage & in my memory, I had not been here before... It's really nice at nite wif the illuminated lights & spent quite some time here. Afterwhich, I strolled to Star Ferry & had fun playing wif long exposures... I always enjoy strolling here along the waterfront & admiring the view across HK island. By 11pm+, I couldn't lug myself back to the MTR & decided to take a cab. Sei, the 1st cab driver actually duno where i wana go & luckily the next taxi uncle knew & said that how could ppl duno this building in MK? Chatty uncle but i'm damm tired...zzz.



No comments:
Post a Comment