Sunday, September 19, 2010

Kite Festival 2010 @ Marina Bay 。。。

I had set my mind on going to the Singapore Kite Festival since Aug! The two days event held over the weekend certainly attracted a huge crowd, from toddlers to adults; it's like a melting pot, where people from different nations gathered at the Promontory @ Marina Bay.

As my buddy couldn't make it for the 1st day, we could only go on the 2nd day...I was keeping my fingers cross that it would juz remain cloudy, not rainy today! We reached the nearest mrt ~ Raffles Place at 3.30pm and upon arrival, it was pretty hot! I wanted to participate in the design your own kite...but alas, after scouring the whole stretch, we couldn't find the booth. We only saw the goodies bags snaking Q... perhaps the competition was only meant for Ntuc members. Felt dismayed as i wanted to revive my childhood memories of kite-making tog wif my buddy!



The grounds near to MBS was slightly less crowded & I managed to capture a 'post-card' like scene of the kite enthusiasts...  The wind today doesn't seems veri strong and it was on &off...Guess that makes it even more challenging to get the kites soaring up the skies!  We decided to U-turn back to the open field near the Customs House, where more kites could be seen... On our way, I was thrilled to spot my fav Doraemon kite! I was excited & told ruby, i wan that! The lovely blue skies framed wif swirling clouds on MBS side made a fine back-drop... so I whipped out my Fuji cam for some self-shots! Ruby also tried out her new i-phone for our self-shots, haha!

咿!是叮噹阿!
After circumventing back to the main field, I tried to look for interesting kite designs for my shoots... while doing so, i also spotted parents & kids flying kites together... Then, when ruby & I wanted to snap this woman trying to fly her huge kite... we were waiting for e moment where her kite could fly...she actually did some hand signals to stop me from taking pics! Wow lau, this muz be a s'porean... hmpf! Pls lo, my focus won't be on u, but ur kite leh! Ruby commented, take a look at all the big kites, they aren't flying.... yeah, true lo! The wind was not strong enuf anyway!

                                                             Kids @ Kite Festival

There were a couple of big ones, probably done by kite-masters also flew only briefly and we were too slow to get near enuf for a shot. Ah, finally spotted the Spider-Man kite and i managed to capture it 'abseiling up CBD's skyscraper'! Woohoo! Wouldn't that be a cool headline? keke! There were many dlsr-throbbing photographers around too... juz like us! But of course, some of theirs r the super zoom lens! Fr their equipment, u can see who r the rich fellows lo!


After walking & squatting around for 1.5 hrs, I was tired & found a seat to sit back & relax....it's people & kites watching time, hehe! It's a different view from here & managed some satisifying shots. I got ruby help me to take pics wif the event's banner too! After ample rest, I sugg to go Marina Sq's 'Just Acia' for dinner! Thanks to Mich who intro me this place, I had the Bulogi beef set again! Ruby also ordered the same. I happily created my Root Beer Float as ice-cream, soft-serve & drinks were all free-flow! No matter @ wat age, ice-cream sure helps to perk one UP! My 1st DIY soft-serve was a flop & i was adamant to try again...Finally, I created the perfect twist, if there's a cone, it would sit nicely on a cone! ^o^  (maybe i can go sell ice-cream? haha!)

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Popular Reader's Choice