I've been wanting to practice photographing a drop of water for weeks! Ya, u may think i'm crazy... but to enthusiasts, tis seemingly simple task is one of the most difficult to shoot! Becos u need to manual focus to guage where and when the drop of water will fall down! Lighting is also veri important. After a torrential rain, the afternoon light streaming in seems perfect! Thou it's recommended that you have a separate flash to use bounce light on the water droplet, but i do not have one. Hence, I decided to do a zero-cost set-up, using natural light by the window.
After one hour of almost back-breaking & fine-tuning, below are my most satisfied shots. The blue-ish colour is not photoshop, it's achieved by switching the white balance to Tungsten ^_^ Well, not too bad and I like to challenge myself to such projects to improve my skills! Practice makes Perfect!



No comments:
Post a Comment