Saturday, May 29, 2010

C.E.O's Bday Party ~ Feels Younger Each Year!

My original plan was to invite 6 frens for my bday party at Partyworld IB since it's rare to have my bday falls on a sat! But alas, the long Vesak Day weekend prompted 3 of them to jet off on their vacations & the other stuck wif work.  Nevertheless, the party went on for C.E.O (Chief Entertainment Officer), hehe! Btw, i had always been eyeing that huge VIP room to open my mini-concert, kekeke!

Bef starting my KTV session, of course had to fill my tummy wif my fav dim sum! Dad treated our family to dim sum lunch at 幸福飲茶, also located at IB... But duno why today's food servers were blur, kept bringing the wrong items to us! After enjoying my fav 皮蛋粥 & other dim sum, i still had time to digest abit (can't sing when u r full!),haha!

At 2pm, I went upstairs to get our KTV room & ordered their drinks... bef long, Clara & Ruby arrived together...Both became veri 'gum' after my intro thru' prev meet-ups, till both took up korean class tog! In fact, my original plan was to let my close frens enjoy a get-together session! I kick-started the KTV wif 《海派甜心》 songs from 羅志祥 & 楊丞琳...I even tried to mimic xiaozhu's unforgettable role by saying 'da lang, da lang.....' to the Pink Panther tune, keke! Oh, if his mtv for 《愛風頭》has the Pink Panther dance he did, I would gamely dance that too! But i can't rmbr the complete version since i watched it mths back!

After the initial warm up, I was overjoyed that Sammi's lastest songs were available! Wohoho! I had been hoping so much prior to this session, that i even posted a tagline 'high high high', cos i wan to sing her rap song 《信者得愛》, which had a korean beat! I rarely go for fast tracks but after watching her dvd, i kinda grasp it! The MV was damm cool & I even did my own backup vocals & dance to its groovy rap: 'It's so high high high, you 're gonna get go...!'' Too bad Clara & Ruby din join me in this groovy song, only tease me at my 自-High!  For ballad, there's Sammi's re-make of《不要驚動愛情》^o^

Clara opted for her fast-beat korean songs, but no matter wat Partyworld would never be able to be ahead of her listening choices of Kr songs! I dun listen much to kr songs unless they are from korean dramas OST... Clara was surprised when i suggested The Wonder Girls' famous ''Nobody Knows', haha! I only noe the retro actions of its chorus ''Nobody Nobody But YOU!'' Then, Ruby & Clara also dedicated a few of Lady Gaga's songs, which we never did before! Lately i saw a impersonation contest of Lady Gaga on 娛樂百分百 which really tickled me! So i 'impressed' clara by knowing a couple of song titles, haha!

It's been a long time since i snap pics in KTV, so when i whipped out my fuji, we had lotsa fun shooting each other! The effects were of course not as gd as my canon, thou my fuji could shoot at high ISO. A whacky idea popped up & i told ruby i wana take a pic wif XiaoZhu! So, i quickly searched for his ''Hot Shot'' drama's song & so 'zhun' it's first screen was a close-up of xiaozhu! Check out my pic ;-)

I also selected quite a few meaningful songs interspersed thru' the 4 hours... especially dedicated to my 'sisters' ~ 《一個像夏天一個像秋天》, a light-hearted song abt no matter wat happens, the power of girlfriends is really important! Thou' we r all summer babies, but i tink i'm the most 'summer' among 3 of us, wahaha! Nevertheless, I'm thankful that my frens love me for who I am... alot of times, little actions speaks louder than words! I really won't be able to forsee the future, but i treasure the moments we are together. Also, i jazz up the party wif 《紅日》~ my prelude to Hacken & Alan Tam's concert at the stadium tonite! Ruby & I also duet a few songs ~ 《一眼瞬間》,《屋頂》,《今生注定》,《小酒窩》 etc...

4 hours of power singing ended & we 'defrosted' ourselves by strolling to Mandarin Gallery to try out Ippudo... There was a long Q when we reached & while waiting, i decided we should do some self-shoots! Ever since getting use to the weight of my canon, my fuji seems feather-weight to me! I could easily steady wif juz my left arm to compose some nice shots of ourselves! During our first couple of takes, we noticed a tall guy behind clara spoiling our pic, i tink he finally realised after hearing us & wif a slight change of my angle, we managed to block him off! keke! When my bowl of Shiromaru Tamago arrived, I was dismayed at its mild tonkatsu soup & thin noodles ... I simply hated the red ginger garnishing! It would be better if it's served separately. The tamago was over-cooked too :(  Thou' i was quite impressed by Ippudo's decor, its small serving was not worth the $17 (bef taxes). Even clara complained that she's not full!


We luv this shot! X'mas has arrived earlier?
I proposed to adjoin to NYDC at Hereen but luck was not on my side! That outlet had closed down, while Ben & Jerry's was full-house. Ruby suggested the Cold Rock ice-cream at 313. Since i din get to savour my cheesecake fr NYDC, i opted for 'Say Cheese' flavour & 'Honey, Be Mine''. Ruby & I concluded we still pref our initial try ~ ''Grandma's Apple Pie''!

Nevertheless, the 3 of us had alot of fun & laughter today! Thank you gals :)

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Popular Reader's Choice