Denise & I decided to mit up for dinner but had yet to fix any makan venue. I had noticed a new western food restaurant at Bugis Junction. I guessed this was opened a few mths back, probably end of last year... Most ppl would probably miss this restaurant as it's located next to Fish & Co, on the exterior of Bugis Junction, facing Illuma. When i strolled past in the quiet afternoon previously, I quite like the decor, wif a wooden feel & the food pics on the menu attracted me....prices seems decent for their western/italian meals. My 1st tot was, hmm...this looked abit like New York New York.
Finally today, I had a chance to sample the food here at LENAS. When we walked in at juz slightly past 7pm, we were informed that it's full! But i find space was not optimised as i saw a few tables near us were meant for 4 pax, which only had 2 diners occupying each table. We were given the corner table right at the entrance, which i immediately felt uncomfortable....Me being so skinny also had problem squeezing into the chair, so u can imagine how cramp the space was! End up Denise had to squeeze in, while my bums were painful after sitting on the stool. While flipping thru' the menu, then i realised LENAS' parent co is MOF! ooh, so MOF is branching out to western food too, following Waraku's style?
When Denise's order of Grilled Chicken wif Pesto arrived, the presentation was unique... there were 1 big piece + 1 small slice of chix... olive oil as condiment & the potato wedges were served in a glass! idea hor? At this moment, I noticed 2 grps were settling their bills, so i prompted the waiter that we would like to transfer table (cos tt was wat a waitress promised us earlier).
Finally, we got the table for 2 at the end of the stretch, abit dim...only lit by the candle on the table....too bad, we r not couple lah! haha! Once settled comfortably, my Italian Sausage Baked Pasta wif tomato sauce arrived (served on a pan)! The pic was not good as it was dim & u noe lah, spaghetti wif ketchup doesn't looks fantastic on pic, hehe! But the taste was better than i expected! It was juz nice, neither too dry or oily.... i could taste chunks of the sausages, onions & mushrooms, yummy! The serving was huge & if i find it's huge, then it muz be lo! I almost couldn't finish it as I had a slice of denise's chix too....But it's so tasty that i dun wish to waste it, haha!
We were both pretty much filled to the brim & had to wait for awhile before getting them to serve our ice-cream! Well, juz need to top up $5 to your set & you could select any dessert wif value equal or less than $7.50. But their service staff were pretty slow in responding & i repeated 3x before my ice-cream arrived :( I had the Hazelnut Helena, wif a huge dollup of fresh cream topping & layered wif small waffles.... By the time i was able to take a clear shot of my pic, my poor cream had toppled over! The strange thing was, Denise's ice-cream didn't arrive even after i finished mine! We gotta remind the waiting staff again.... Denise & I dun like the 2nd ice-cream, which i forgot the name but it's basically cookies & cream. However, when i sampled it, i could only taste coffee? that's really odd! I never like coffee by-products. Denise also found the cookies tasted too overwhelming.
Overall, I was satisfied wif my food choices... oh yeah, the last point to mention, the billing was exceptionally efficient (initally we tot otherwise)! The waitress came to us wif 2 receipts & eagerly promoted the MOF card, telling us that if sign up for MOF card now, get discount immediately & only need top up $4 on top of bef discount bill. Really smart way of promoting! For the dishes we sampled, it was good except for that cookies & cream ice-cream & for the portion given, it's worth the price lo. But hope that they will improve their service or maybe hire more staff on weekends.
P.S: We noticed their menu stated have high-tea desserts at abt $15.90++ each. Looks good, as u can choose a choc or cheese fondue & i guess can eat other ice-cream too! Dessert lovers may wana check it out! we forgot to ask more abt tt >_<
Thank u Denise for giving me Raymond's poster! He surely brightens up my room & every single day!

+-+Grilled+Chix+wif+Pesto+-+Ed.jpg)
+-+Hazelnut+Helena+-+Ed.jpg)
+-+Cookies+%26+Cream+-+Ed.jpg)

No comments:
Post a Comment