Thursday, October 15, 2009

Fight the Phobia!

My dental check up last week brought me horrendous news... Dr. Chong told me that i gotta remove 2 upper wisdom teeth, as they are decaying. @Faint@ I nearly freak out upon hearing that! I did not had a good experience nearly 3 yrs back, when i underwent the surgical removal of my lower wisdom tooth... can't eat for 1wk & lost my kilos then! Dr. Chong explained that Not all wisdom tooth need to be surgically removed (as wat ppl tot), usually upper ones r thru' normal extraction. In my case, will be 'pull' out lo!

Scheduled my appointment this morning & tried to stay cool! But my dental phobic kicks in, once i'm on the dental chair! Geez! Remember I do not have such phobia in primary school, my school dentist even heaped praises on me, for being so 'guai', haha! I develop this fear after primary school as I had not met a dentist who's gentle on my gums :(

This dental clinic shows no signs of recession, despite my prior appointment, still need to wait a good 20 mins! Finally, my turn to hop onto the dental chair & before that I confirm wif Dr. Chong if this is the last resort? Reality bites, he said Yes, recommended to get rid of this not functional wisdom tooth, which will bring me more prob in future... haiz! Reluctantly, I agreed to remove 1 today & do the other next mth. I really wonder why we have wisdom tooth when it doesn't serve a purpose, only create problems (logging food inside). Numerous injections & local anesthetic was given, i immediately felt sleepy & took a 10 mins nap, while waiting for the LA to take effect. When he began to extract it, i tried to channel my tots away but the creaking sound of the wisdom tooth bidding farewell was pretty disturbing... In 2mins, Dr. Chong pronouced that it's Done! I am both glad & sad.... glad that it's over (for now) & sad that my wallet is getting flatter.... really good $ to be a dental surgeon, ripped off nearly 200 bucks within half hour of work! This is certainly better pay than a GP!!!

Ok, I'm a brave gal today (clap clap!) hope can regain my normal eating soon!

1 comment:

hiPPo said...

poor dear! hope it wun swell up too much in a few days time!! =) hugz..

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Popular Reader's Choice