Remember I saw a quote flashed on Mobile TV on a bus ride sometime back… it said: “Find a Cause to have Effect’’
These simple words got stuck in my mind… I am reminded of my lofty vision. Well, I called it lofty, cos it still need a fair bit more effort to realise it. During my bumming days, I envision myself traveling…. well, I only manage to be an armchair traveller by trawling websites, haha! But aren’t there something more meaningful to traveling?
I read about volunteer-travel projects, really tempted to join… but costs are certainly a huge factor. There are many variation of volunteerism overseas… such as Aussie have eco-focus project where you can help save wildlife. There’s also the task of taking care of giant pandas in Sichuan, China… hmm… interesting rite?
I had set my eyes on teaching the poor in rural china… Now, I try to catch Ch U, every Thurs, 8pm 《明星志工隊》. I highly recommend this program thou it’s halfway thru’ already… 6 more episodes to go! Each week will feature a celebrity who joins different volunteer organisations to spread their love around the world.
台湾- 张惠妹、Linda、《冒险王》阿布
These simple words got stuck in my mind… I am reminded of my lofty vision. Well, I called it lofty, cos it still need a fair bit more effort to realise it. During my bumming days, I envision myself traveling…. well, I only manage to be an armchair traveller by trawling websites, haha! But aren’t there something more meaningful to traveling?
I read about volunteer-travel projects, really tempted to join… but costs are certainly a huge factor. There are many variation of volunteerism overseas… such as Aussie have eco-focus project where you can help save wildlife. There’s also the task of taking care of giant pandas in Sichuan, China… hmm… interesting rite?
I had set my eyes on teaching the poor in rural china… Now, I try to catch Ch U, every Thurs, 8pm 《明星志工隊》. I highly recommend this program thou it’s halfway thru’ already… 6 more episodes to go! Each week will feature a celebrity who joins different volunteer organisations to spread their love around the world.
台湾- 张惠妹、Linda、《冒险王》阿布
新加坡 -黄俊雄、谢韵仪、郭亮、Pornsak、Y.E.S. 93.3 FM DJ 林佩芬、唐育书、曾诗梅、王欣、林明伦、章缜祥
The finale ep will feature A*Mei in India with World Vision.
It’s a veri meaningful program, esp for young ppl like us, who grow up in a comfy environment… free from natural disasters & warfare. So far, I really enjoy this program & it touches my heart. The episode aired this evening, featuring Michelle Chia in Philippines is an exemplary ep. I couldn’t believe when the poor kids only survive on plain rice & vegetables… their dad had passed away & mom is working far from home. The sack of rice barely feeds the 4 skinny kids! The oldest boy mentioned that only when mom returns (once a mth) do they get to eat meat or fish. When the rice ran out bef mom returns, the whole family survives on sweet potatoes… This is definitely heart-breaking to know!!!
Well, we are really a lucky bunch, aren’t we? Remember there r poorer folks out there…now, have you found your cause (in life)?
Join their FB’s page:
The finale ep will feature A*Mei in India with World Vision.
It’s a veri meaningful program, esp for young ppl like us, who grow up in a comfy environment… free from natural disasters & warfare. So far, I really enjoy this program & it touches my heart. The episode aired this evening, featuring Michelle Chia in Philippines is an exemplary ep. I couldn’t believe when the poor kids only survive on plain rice & vegetables… their dad had passed away & mom is working far from home. The sack of rice barely feeds the 4 skinny kids! The oldest boy mentioned that only when mom returns (once a mth) do they get to eat meat or fish. When the rice ran out bef mom returns, the whole family survives on sweet potatoes… This is definitely heart-breaking to know!!!
Well, we are really a lucky bunch, aren’t we? Remember there r poorer folks out there…now, have you found your cause (in life)?
Join their FB’s page:
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Stars-For-A-Cause-/105229123918?ref=nf
For volunteering info related to each ep, pls go to Notes section.
For volunteering info related to each ep, pls go to Notes section.

No comments:
Post a Comment