Roller-Coaster 2008:
Today marks the last day of 2008. If there's a word to describe, i would say it's definately a 'roller-coaster' year! Not only applies to the economy in general but also my career. A review of the year... after a not so good 2007... the bad spell runs into 2008. For awhile, had a mirage at the beginning of 2008, but happiness was short-lived. Ya, that's why it's a mirage...haha! After thru' all these, I learnt how to 苦中作乐。 I shall remember only the goodness & try to put aside the not-so-good.
Reviewing 2008:
2008 had been a tumultuous year interpersed wif negative news.... from the overnight downfall of giant investment banks to natural disasters, such as the sichuan earthquake... and the most recent shocking news was the mumbai terrorist attack which killed a s'porean lawyer. Initially, i was quite nonchalant but was taken aback when i discovered she's the wife of an ex-colleague. In short, i choose to live by my mantra ~ ''活在当下''.... i used to plan alot ahead, but things juz din turn out as what i want to be. Learnt this ''活在当下'' philosophy from some drama i watched LoL.
Resolutions:
Last weekend was chilling out wif Zhifang & Ruby @ TCC & I started the topic abt New Year Resolutions...haha! When i said mine is simply to secure a permanent job & to travel in 2009... Zf laughed that it's nothing new! Best lo! Ya, at this point in time, i'm already tired out wif the super intensive training & I doubt i will develop a passion for this new job. But I guess i juz want a work-life balance & able to travel wif peace of mind.... so probably it's a give & take thing. For sure, i know there's no OT & i juz want to save up to travel abit further & longer. I luv clara's comment that it's SO ME! Wahaha! (^o^)
Saying Thanks:
The westerners have ''Thanksgiving Day'' but i say my thanks in my heart for all the luv my frens had shown me. On my virtual space here, I wish to thank my buddies for their encouragement & for being there for me. Today, I received a NY sms & was puzzled who's the sender... when the sender reverted on her identity, my mind went blank for a second. I juz wanna say, if u call urself a true fren, u would not had mysteriously disappeared for over 1yr & only on 31 dec 08, u suddenly remember me? Wat the H***! 你曾经是我生命中的一页,但那已是过去。。。我们不可能再回到从前。 I shall only give my luv & attention to those who deserve & cherish my friendship.
2009 shall be a great year if that's what you perceive to be! Say YES to LiFe!

No comments:
Post a Comment