Friday, January 11, 2008

Beef Hor-Fun + 油条大王

Last evening was makan time again, heehee! Denise asked me where shall we eat? I was craving for beef hor fun & guess wat? I had been craving for it since last yr till now! waahaaa! I noe it sound veri ''kuai zhang'' rite? I told denise, i was pretty sure i had not eat there for the whole of 2007 lor. I'm referring to the Geylang Lor 9's famous beef hor fun!

Being beef lovers, we used to eat there long ago... but seems like lost touch wif that place for some time. So, we put our lives at risk by jay-walking across the heavy traffic (in order to get to Lor 9), phew! It was a challenge crossing the street. Aft we settled at a table at the side-walk, our piping hot beef hor-fun were served in no time in front of us. I saw the hor fun & was disappointed tt its once upon a time huge portion had shrunk! Upon sinking my teeth into the hor fun, i felt the taste had deteriorated! Sob sob :( I guess the chef had probably changed, that's y the taste also changed lah!

Anyway, my tummy was not veri satisfied yet... heng, i had plan B. Was flipping thru a mag & saw it rec some late-nite supper venues. So, it stated abt this 油条大王 stall, also at Geylang. As such, tt's my plan B aft downing my beef hor fun. But alas! the stall had shifted fr its old Lor 9 premises & upon checking wif the hor fun stall's helper, we were directed to Lor 27. Wow! Like many streets away leh! But time past v fast, as both of us chit-chat our way down. That certaintly helps to digest some hor fun to make space in my tummy! LoL

When aft a long digestive walk, we finally saw a street sign stating Lor 27 but no sight of the stall wo? Denise chk wif an old ah pek & he also like blur blur... heng, another uncle overheard & directed us further down & round the corner. Yeah! Found it at Lor 29. The 豆浆 was classified into sweet or salty. I ordered a sweet 豆浆,豆花,& its muz-try 油条 . I think muz be too long din eat the you-zha-kuai, i found it tasty , haahaa! I ended up ate a huge part of it cos denise said it's oily, hoho! If can stomach more, i will like to try its sticky rice roll too, kekeke!

Wow! Really fulfilling aft eating all the so-called unhealthy food lo! But dun care lah, 吃了再说! It's really my 1st time walking so many streets juz to eat something, haha! Anyway, I tink my new mission is to find another good beef hor-fun, any recommendations?

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Popular Reader's Choice