Last evening was invited to a cocktail party at Harry's Bar, Boat Quay. It's organised by my work partner Co. G ...also happen to be my ex-co. Went there wif a bit of reluctant as i'm not a PR person...
It was a familiar venue, as i had attended a somewhat similar event when i was at Co. G last time. It's a cosy place with sofas & a pool table. I met some of my ex-colleagues & some fresh faces i duno. As my current co's biz mgrs & sales ppl (cse) were invited too...i was mingling among the different groups. A weird feeling as it seems like only yester-year i was there before, still remembering where i sat...haha!
I had eyed the pool table but it's always occupied. Finally, got a chance to play, but was asked to play wif Co.G's CEO! Alamak...abit stress to play wif the CEO, he's gd at the game. Next game, one of the CSE ask me join them & played with 3 guys, tag team. I announced i'm lousy in the game ah...But guess what? I Won the game ultimately! 1st time i win guys in 'pool', so lucky! I was overjoyed, jumping & high-fiving!
At one point, i was chatting wif a CSE, whom i gave her product training 1mth ago. We were chatting casually abt pool and i told her i lousy lah..she actually surprised me by asking if i'm a fast learner?? I repiled if i interested, then learn fast (act humble, keke!) Next, she said that i muz be the kind who always strive to do my best! Wow lau! I only knew her during the training briefly, she can sense so much? Isit i'm so transparent to ppl? Or she smart? My response was a surprised look! Actually, deep inside, i was very touch to know there's someone who recognised my efforts =)
It was a familiar venue, as i had attended a somewhat similar event when i was at Co. G last time. It's a cosy place with sofas & a pool table. I met some of my ex-colleagues & some fresh faces i duno. As my current co's biz mgrs & sales ppl (cse) were invited too...i was mingling among the different groups. A weird feeling as it seems like only yester-year i was there before, still remembering where i sat...haha!
I had eyed the pool table but it's always occupied. Finally, got a chance to play, but was asked to play wif Co.G's CEO! Alamak...abit stress to play wif the CEO, he's gd at the game. Next game, one of the CSE ask me join them & played with 3 guys, tag team. I announced i'm lousy in the game ah...But guess what? I Won the game ultimately! 1st time i win guys in 'pool', so lucky! I was overjoyed, jumping & high-fiving!
At one point, i was chatting wif a CSE, whom i gave her product training 1mth ago. We were chatting casually abt pool and i told her i lousy lah..she actually surprised me by asking if i'm a fast learner?? I repiled if i interested, then learn fast (act humble, keke!) Next, she said that i muz be the kind who always strive to do my best! Wow lau! I only knew her during the training briefly, she can sense so much? Isit i'm so transparent to ppl? Or she smart? My response was a surprised look! Actually, deep inside, i was very touch to know there's someone who recognised my efforts =)
Overall, it was a good catch-up time!

No comments:
Post a Comment