Saturday, March 31, 2007

Freedom @ Last!

30th Mar, a seemingly long wait counting down to my last day of work...In the 6mths with Co.S, i felt a 180 degree change. Right from the start, it was a mistake. It's juz too gd to be true as i was headhunted for this manager post. I was never the lucky gal. But i willingly jump on the bandwagon, as i was given the impression this is the key to jump-start a marketing career. Alas! I was wrong!

My first 2 mths were extremely challenging as i had a sotong boss who never saw his own faults. 1st time in my career, i had confrontations with my superior. This added on to my work stress as i had prob adjusting to an ofc environment. I was so accustomed to front-line, and suddenly i was loaded with A-Z job scope. On top of that, I had a demanding Big Boss. Plus, I was thrown into the deep end of pool, struggling with financial spreadsheets that were 'alien' to me. I was on the verge of nervous breakdown.

In a dept with 11ppl, incl myself...it was eerily quiet. I felt i can't really be myself as i luv to talk. My only consolation was MSN & MP3 on my pc. It was sad as my prev jobs, i still have some kakis... not here thou'. Instead, i found a few truely, not hyprocrite colleagues from other depts. Yes, i guess i'm a rare species... i refuse to chg my trueness to become someone who fake a smile. I relied on my gut feel to choose true frens, ppl whom i can sense a chemistry. Maybe, i'm not really suited for the corporate world, where u need to learn to play ofc politics?

Ironically, for the past 3mths, i managed to gain my boss' trust as i learned how to manage him. We can talk like frens! Unbelievable! We were forced to sit on the same boat and perhaps, we were both tired of our roles...At work, he's not a good boss but on personal level, i can talk to him abt my ideals, such as doing biz. Was it my x-factor that cause the chg? haha! I duno. I also got free lunches and juz need sit there to be served! (pai sei) But i knew that he's a typical Leo... so juz let his ego be, keke!

I had wanted to give up in the 1st mth. But i felt i need to justify & give my 100% before throwing in the towel. That's Me! Feb was a turning point...my grandpa's death in a tiny way jotted me up...Since i had decided this is not wat i want, why wait? My philosophy is to minimise 'regrets' in life. 28 Feb, i sat at my PC during lunch and at that moment, my heart instructed my fingers to type the resignation letter. This situation was a First. In the past, i would seek frens' opinions and conduct job search before tender. Someone told me before, 'follow your heart'. It's definately not emotional, if it was - that would be during the earlier confrontation days.

Well, it's Over now! I had a great nite out wif sheila and dandy for dinner & ktv. At partyworld boat quay, i sang the most songs as sheila dun quite felt like singing. I was thrilled to see all the 《花样少年》 songs - 《怎么办》,《专属天使》,《超喜欢你》!! Sheila was surprised to see me liking such idols' songs...commented that i acted like an 18 yr old! keke! Well well... i guess it's kinda ageless when i see a 帅哥like 吴尊!Me & sheila were most immersed when i sang 刘若英 《生日快乐》, the sad melody & movie touched us. We again challenged 光良+江美琦 《对你有感觉》, with xtreme high key! Lastly, for 1st time, she said i sang till 五音不全 for the oldie 《有多少爱可以重来》 - like 小南 in the movie. Oh man! Laughed at myself to tears!!!

Now, time for a break before deciding what's next...

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Popular Reader's Choice