Had a rather different work day today... Firstly, I officially had permission to go on extended lunch. Reason being, our company is in the midst of preparing an upcoming bridal show event. One of our sponsored prizes were 10 pairs of cute wedding teddy bears. My task was to hunt for suitable wrappers & ribbons to package the teddy bears.
I went to Great World City as instructed. We intended to use white netting & lovely ribbons to package them. But after hunting at 2 possible gift shops, still dun have... After calling my boss & consulting the gift shop assistant, I managed to buy two rolls of lovely lilac & silvery white ribbons.
When returned to office, my boss tried out the ribbons, but found difficulty in securing the teddy bears. So, I was summoned to take cab to find the netting. I tot 'Art Friend' at Bras Basah would have stock but alas! they also ran out of stock. Refusing to give up, I walked to Bugis Junction's gift cum stationery shop, also dun have! I dun wish to make a waste trip. I decided to call my fren, Xiuling ... somehow my gut feel was she would know. Thanks god, she told me to go Arab St, which usually distribute cloths at much cheaper prices.
I quickly hopped onto a cab & told uncle to drive me to the ''cloths'' st in Arab St. Today, I learnt something lo... never before venture to this part of Singapore....haha! I went to the nearest shop asked the owner if they sell such material as I bought the bears along. He quoted a reasonable price of $2 per metre but my boss requested me to negotiate. We struck a deal of $1.60 per metre & I bought 20m, uncle even gave me slightly more free netting, haahaa!
Back in office was already 4pm! My gosh! Me & my boss tested out the best way to wrap & turned out both of us had this weakness in doing gift-wrap! Aiyo! Then, did 1hr of OT to wrap them up...tomorrow, still need to continue. What a day!
Tuesday, September 05, 2006
Popular Reader's Choice
-
Woke up to see thunderstorm befalling & wonder if the photoshoot later will materialise? Luckily, the rain reduced to a light drizzle ...
-
Juz tot of a topic which i feel like blogging abt to kick-start Sept... It's abt the Meaning of Friendship. As i grow older, i realise m...
-
Today spelt the start of ‘一個人生活’, wat shld i do since my frens were all unavailable? Woke up to a jolt of loud thunder & it turned out ...
-
Cherie invited me to her son ~ Ayden's 1st birthday party today! It's my first time meeting Ayden boi boi, thou i have all along fol...
-
I've been wanting to do a manga-style drawing of CN Blue...but my skills is rusty & couldn't remember how to create the manga-st...

1 comment:
Yoz... this Arab St cloth thingy, was introduce on TV on the variety show abt Guo Liang and Han Wei helping to revamp other people wardrode.. haa.. another good place would be Spotlight. I guess.
Post a Comment