First time rented a Canon macro lens to learn how to shoot macro. I got the lens from Camera Rental Centre ~ EF100mm F2.8L which is really a powerful lens dedicated for macro photography. As a noob, I had a challenging time trying to manual focus hand-held, thou I know that using a tripod is the ideal situation. I spent a total of 6 hours at the biennial Singapore Garden Festival held for the 1st time at Gardens by the Bay. Previously, everything were indoor at Suntec, but this round got to endure some heat (esp i started fr Noon) as part of the exhibits were outdoor. The layout of the air-con pavilions were also abit confusing... nevertheless, i tried to navigate slowly, looking out for potential subjects to shoot. I like the Fantasy Gardens but the darkness there made setting up on tripod a Must and also my sensitive sensor tends to shoot high ISO, garnering RAW files as big as 30MB! *gasp*
When move over to the Flower Dome, it was easier to do hand-held as there were ample sunlight shining thru' the glass dome. I was already quite tired but I strive on, wanting to understand the ideal depth of field and discovering interesting angles to shoot the same plant that everyone sees thru' my lens. The end result was getting a blurry version but also quite happy that I got some satisfactory shots. Below is a selection of my album & prints are available for sales via http://500px.com/minzstudio











No comments:
Post a Comment