Saturday, December 14, 2013

FoodPrints @ The Little Prince Cafe & Arnor Crepes

It had been nearly a year I guess that we hanged out together, thou me & Jeannie are neighbours for so long! We decided to do a Food Trail this evening! As I had marked this Little Prince Café as my To-Eat place for awhile, I decided we should go check it out!
 
However, it started to rain before we got out & we proceeded with our umbrellas. We boarded the MRT to Farrer Park & after checking the map, we walked down the streets to look for 62 Somme Road. This is really my 1st foray into this area. Finally after 10 mins, we caught sight of the not so prominent café.
 

 
There were 4 other guests in the café & after we settled down & decided on our pastry & drinks, the others left the café. Hence, the whole café seems to belong to us! Thou theme cafes are very common overseas, especially like Japan & Taiwan, the growth in Sg is much slower. I was surprised that the Little Prince Café turned out to be smaller than I thought, thanks to the brilliant optical illusion drawing of the staircase! The whole place is hand-painted by the café's owner & we were impressed! Her love for Little Prince can be felt here ~~
 
~My Design~

Passion Fruit Cake

Strawberry Marshmallow Cake
 


The Japanese Version is a POP-UP book!

 
We didn't opt for their signature strawberry roll as we find that it's rather small. Jeannie chose the Passion Fruit cake, while I had the Strawberry Marshmallow Cake. For drinks, we ordered the Cappuccino & Ice Rambutan Tea. Both of us enjoy eating the cakes, thou I do not like Passion Fruit, I sampled a mouth of my friend's order ~ the Passion Fruit flavour is very strong! Accordingly to Jeannie, the Cappuccino tastes good too! We were told that just before we arrived, the café was packed. So being late turned out to be a blessing...haha!
 
After we had enough of photo shoot at The Little Prince, we strolled down the streets for some Fried Hokkien Prawn Noodle. For $4 a plate, it was decent size & taste, thou I wished the prawns were bigger! It was still raining as we walked back to City Square Mall.
 
 
If not for this food trail, I would not have thought of visiting this area! It turned out that City Square Mall was having some snow foam party exactly at the time we reached! It's just a 10 or 15min 'show'. It's a beautiful sight as I took pics & our selfies! We did some shopping & then I remembered that I need to go to basement to locate a newly open Arnor Crepes.
 
Arnor Crepes (阿諾可麗餅) is a franchise from Taipei's Shida Night Market (師大夜市). I'm really excited that finally there's an outlet here cos I had first tried it last year during my Taipei trip. We ordered a Fruit Paradise Crepe, which consists of peaches, kiwi & banana + a scoop of premium ice-cream (Macadamia Nut) at the boss' recommendation. Due to their soft launch, they also randomly give-away quarter size Belgian Waffle to customers. We got the Belgian Waffle with Lava Brownie ice-cream.
 
 
 
The crepe tasted exactly like what I had in Taipei & mind you, the serving is big! Both of us shared it. The waffle remains crispy even after some time on the table, I can count it as the Best Waffle in SG now! Jeannie & I really enjoyed our food trail this evening & we were really bursting at our tummies! We ended our awesome evening with a couple of selfies at the playground before heading home. How I wish every weekend is so Fun!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Popular Reader's Choice