Saturday, July 20, 2013

National Day Rehearsal 2013

It's the once in a year time to practice shooting fireworks and fighter jets! I decided to try shooting from Esplanade this year as I had not tried before. For previous years, I had tried shooting from the Promontory at Marina Bay, Gardens by the Bay East and from the spectators' stand at the Float at Marina.
 
I was supposedly to go alone on my shoot & never did I expect I could find a fotog buddy to join me last minute! Yeah! So I met up with LV at City Hall MRT & we strolled over to Esplanade past 6pm. The area outside Esplanade was packed & we decided to try our luck on the Esplanade Bridge. There's an on-going construction right smack at the Esplanade Bridge & we were lucky to find a spot there. Juz when LV mentioned that there were not many people up here & next thing we realised was our sides were filled with other shooters! haha!
 
My Azuki Taiyaki 'jumping' out of the water! ~ hp creative shot



The helicopters fly past with a full Moon

The usually humid weather gave way to a breezy evening & it was really enjoyable to watch the rehearsal from the bridge! We saw the navy display on the sea & followed by the 21-gun salute. For the 1st time, I could see so up-close of the gunners thru' my zoom lens! 
 
My fav fighter jet shot!
The Black Knights ZOOM past!
 
21 Guns Salute!
 
My 1st time shooting an eagle flying in the city!

Colourful smoke that looks like a pair of dragons!
 
When the Super Puma helicopters flew overhead with the Sg flag, it was relatively easy to shoot... The most challenging was the fighter jets! As I duno which direction they would fly past! I managed to get a few good shots of the jets & I especially love the solo jet shot with a fuel trail in the skies!
 
Show time!


The skies is an art canvas!


My fav shot


After 4 hours of standing, the much awaited fireworks commenced at 8.15pm. I always find it 'stressful' to shoot fireworks as I only get to practice like once a year & the success rate is low (also depend on wind direction). Well, as usual I just made sure I got my settings & focusing correct & enjoyed viewing the fireworks display while taking the shots with my remote. I was pretty satisfied this round as I managed to get quite a few good shots!
 
MBS light show
 
My 1st visit to the Esplanade's sky garden
 
Finally, we ended the evening with a super late dinner or can I say supper at Mac! It was tiring but I feel happy after reviewing my photographs.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Popular Reader's Choice