I was excited to know that 20,000 fresh tulips would be air-flown in from Netherlands to Singapore! I visited the Flower Dome at Gardens by the Bay on the 2nd day of the exhibit... wow! the whole place was filled with floral scent. However, I was disappointed that there were no outdoor area & the indoor area was largely fenced up. Hence, I could only squat/sit/bend to take low angle of the tulips ~ super tiring! The strong sunlight beamed thru' the glass roof & I could shoot thru' the translucent petals... I learnt that tulips only thrive in cold climate & usually planted in Autumn & bloom in Spring. It's one of my wishes to visit the Tulips Festival in Amsterdam!
Do you know that of all the colours, blue tulips are missing? There's also no pure black tulips, if there are any, will have a tint of other colours.
Besides my favourite Sunflowers, Tulips are my 2nd like! I find that those that are 1/3 bloom look best vs those that have been fully bloom.
 |
| Yellow POPS under the sunlight! |
 |
| Simply love these little blue bells! |
1 comment:
Those are some great photos!
Singapore's such a nice place. There's always something going on.
The tulips look amazing. Yellow tulips are common, but they look so great :)
Post a Comment