Saturday, March 30, 2013

Day 6: Miyajima & Osaka

I was feeling abit reluctant to check out of this most comfortable hotel thru' out my trip! I had a scrumptious breakfast in the hotel's café & afterwhich I proceeded to take a bus to Hiroshima JR Station. From there, I changed to the JR heading to Miyajima-guchi station to board the JR Ferry, which would be free using my Rail Pass.
 
There were a super long queue for the JR Ferry & many tourists were heading to this famous island off Hiroshima during the weekend. While the ferry was cruising, many of us were already taking photos of the O-Torii Gate. Upon embarking, I noticed there were many free roaming deers on the island too! But the deers seems older & not as kawaii as those I saw in Nara.







 
As I strolled toward the Itsukushima Shinto Shrine, I saw a lively procession... Today happened to be the Children's 'Kagura' ~ Shinto music & dancing festival. The children of Miyajima were seated on the 'flower car', with a procession behind. They were heading to the shrine for prayers. After watching this, I went to the Five-storied Pagoda for some photoshoot, the blooming sakura really framed the pagoda nicely! Lastly, I went back to take a tour of the Itsukushima Shinto Shrine, which is an UNESCO site. I even saw a bridal couple taking photos there! When done with my whirlwind tour of 2 hrs on the island, I tried to rush for my ferry but I still missed it!
 
When I finally returned to Hiroshima Station, I was frantic when I couldn't locate my backpack stored in the locker outside Mac! I didn't realised the train dropped off point was different from boarding point. I tried to ask the station's staff where's the Mac, but he could only speak Jap! So I resorted to drawing the burger on my notebook to show him! Only then, I got the direction & recovered my backpack! Phew! No choice, I had to wait for the next Shinkansen to go to Osaka.
 
I reached Osaka in the late afternoon & didn't even noticed my hotel is right outside the station's exit, cos I asked a local worker where was it. Turned out that the hotel has two hotels on the same street! I was glad to finally checked in to Toyoko Inn & after resting, I headed out to locate Dotombori ~ the happening & touristy area. Since I only stay in Osaka for a night, this would be the only opportunity to experience the night time vibrancy.
 
 
 
At Dotombori, it was bustling with tourists and locals as it was a weekend. The whole stretch was littered were various restaurants & food stalls. Tako Balls & Okonomiyaki gotta be Osaka's famous food. I randomly went to a 2nd level restaurant ~ Taste of Osaka & ordered a seafood Okonomiyaki, where the chef prepared for me on the teppanyaki at the counter. Wow! It looks really awesome using my F2.8 to shoot! Too bad, i couldn't finish everything as I find that Okonomiyaki tend to be too filling.
 




I took a stroll in the windy street to explore the whole street & I wish i have a bigger appetite to try the various food! After some digestion, I finally went to check out which Tako Ball stall should I try. I saw quite a few that have long Q & I decided on one that had media reports plastered on their small stall! Their minimum serving is 6 Tako Balls & I picked the original sauce. It's really nice to have something piping hot in the cold. I like the idea that they actually have a couple of benches at their back alley & well-lit for people to sit down & enjoy street snacks!
 
 
I was really filled to the brim after stuffing myself with the Tako Balls! I went in search of the famous running man ~ Glico Man. After some final shoots, I headed back to my hotel to rest.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Popular Reader's Choice