Every year just before Chinese New Year, I would do a photoshoot at the Chinatown Bazaar. It is a challenge for myself to try achieve some different shots from previous 2 years... My idea was to capture the festive spirit during the golden hours.
CBD View from Chinatown
Opera Mask on one of the Flats
Which Red Packet design to buy?
I stood & walked for 3 hours with my heavy Lowepro bag! I was rewarded with a nice orange tint in the skies at dusk... After sunset, I wanted to go for dinner but the Chinatown hawker centre was super pack! No choice, I had to continue squeezing my way thru' the crowd & continue shooting. I only got to sit down for dinner at 8.30pm!
Festive crowd thronging the bazzar
Lit Paper Umbrellas outside backpacker's hostel
Zodiac Snake Lantern
Make a Wish!
After filling my tummy, I continued to shoot the cute bright yellow Snake lantern weaving thru' the streets... As I walked further to shoot a close-up with my zoom, I missed 2 of my buses! As such, I decided to check out the new Park Royal Hotel @ Pickering... the decor is chic & I like its modern architecture in the midst of chinatown. After doing a few shoots, I packed up & headed home.... feeling tired but happy that this is my first proper shoot for 2013!
Free hand shoot of Cute Snake Lantern
Hello Mr. Snake!

No comments:
Post a Comment