Have been wanting to get a proper dslr backpack since 6 months ago but was unsure which bag will be suitable... Initially wanted to get a Kata Bumblebee but it's beyond my budget & the actual size seems abit big for my needs. I have been doing research on & off to find my 'ideal bag'... but there's really no ideal bag in the market from all the major brands! I know clearly i wanted a backpack which can fit my cam body wif kit lens, a 55-250mm & a 50mm... I was deliberating if I wan a lappie compartment. But overall size shld fit me my 1.58m frame & has to be light-weight since photoshoot usually last 2 hours or more!
Finally, the IT Fair 2012 arrives today.... I went to Cathay Photo, the sole distributor for Lowepro in Sg to check out. I have eyed the new DSLR Video Fastpack 250 or the old version Fastpack 250. However after trying both, I still find seems abit bulky... then i casually asked to try the Fastpack 200... It fits me well! Also more comfy & the padding rest well on my back. Initially, I tot that the Fastpack 200 & 250 interior have size difference... after trying then i realise the diff lies in the Fastpack 250 have a compartment for up to 15 inch laptop! The Fastpack 200 weighs 1.2kg. Wif all my gears in, it weighs 2.5kg!
Upper Compartment
Basically, the upper compartment has organiser pockets & provides ample space for a light jacket & personal belongings. The lower compartment can fit a APS-C body wif lens (18 - 70 mm or 17 - 85mm) plus 2 - 3 lenses & flash unit. The Fastpack series is designed for one to draw out the dslr from the side access by unclicking the security flap & unzip. Beneath the security flap has 2 mesh pockets to contain accessories such as spare battery & remote shutter release. There's also built-in memory card pockets. On the exterior has a mesh water bottle pocket, which is important to me as I always like my water bottle to be easily accessible without removing my bag. If you do not want to put water bottle, you can attach a small tripod in the mesh pocket by tying a separate tripod loop to the bag's handle.
Only con is this model is not the All-Weather series, which comes wif raincover... hence, I gotta get a separate raincover. The new Fastpack models are all AW & comes wif tripod loop at the side... But also do note the higher price tag!
Overall, it's a steal at the IT Fair as the Lowepro Fastpack 200 cost $80 vs its usual price of $128. Even if get a raincover will be probably juz 10 bucks... economical!

No comments:
Post a Comment