The first photography Meetup for 2012! I look forward to it as it had been a year since i played wif light-painting! The last time was at Changi boardwalk wif Ruby & YX.
Met up wif the organiser ~ Calvin & the participants at Orchard MRT & boarded the bus to Dempsey. When we reached one of the carparks, a few of Calvin's frens were there already. They warned us of the 'commandos' mosquitoes! So, we quickly put on some insect repellent to ward off the blood-suckers! It's a super humid evening & i already could feel myself sweating away! Calvin conducted a briefing & told us to lower our voices.
Off we wander off in the dark wif our torchlights lighting the path... this is like army nite training! He led us to a dilapidated house... it's rather creepy! I remembered memorising this phrase 'dilapidated' for my sch essays, but in real life this is my FIRST encounter! It's both exciting & creepy lo! 18 of us moved into a room, very much run down & wif alot of debris & glasses on the ground. Calvin proceed wif more explanation & demostration. He used torch lights & speedlight to paint the surroundings. He also had coloured gels to add torches of colours to the scene. As he spoke, i started to feel bored & due to the windless night... i felt sweaty & tired holding my tripod & bag thru'out.
Finally, we were spilt into 3 small groups to experiment our light-painting... I was kinda disappointed wif my team. Somehow, i tink my gut feel pretty accurate... 4 other gals & 1 jap guy. None of them had done light-painting bef & i was surprised that one of the gals dun even noe how to fix her dslr to her tripod! Gosh! So, had to help her wif it & teach her how to use her remote shutter release! I tried to lead the group but their lukewarm reactions really was a dampener! Hence, our first attempt failed.
I felt rather cramp for so many of us in this room, so i decided to do my own experiments in the adjoining room. Another gal joined me...but she turned out to be exasperating to teach! Normally, I would give my advice accordingly but when she din wan to heed & didn't wana try to experiment herself....too bad then! As i did not have any colour gel wif me, I juz make do wif my basic torch. Finally at the eleventh hour, I got my signature shot! That's after 3 attempts! I tink to really enjoy light-painting, gotta be wif spontaneous ppl & of course the much needed creativity! I gotta try again in future as this is unfufilling!


No comments:
Post a Comment