Saturday, July 31, 2010

Memorable Weekend wif my HK VIPs (Part 1)

My cousin from HK is here for biz trip & this time round will be an unusual one as her bf will be flying over for the wkend too! Prior to sat, Sis Olive indicated that she would like to bring her bf to Chomp Chomp Food Centre. She had been there once wif her sg colleagues, hence I started checking for directions on how to get there. I had heard of tis hawker ctr long ago but never been there bef...

On Sat evening, I met them at Outram MRT... After quite a long wait, i finally spotted Olive & her bf ~ Alan. We boarded the next train heading to Serangoon & caught bus svc 315 from the bus interchange to Serangoon Gardens. It's juz 5 stops away & thou it's my first time there, the place is easily recognised... my 1st tot was it resembles Holland Village!

Hokkien Mee
                                                                    Rojak
Stepping into Chomp Chomp, it was super crowded & many diners were standing around waiting for seats... I wanted an alfresco area as it's rather stuffy inside. I was really lucky as after waiting awhile, a grp of gals switched table & I quickly sat down (hv a guy also eyeing that table)! Then, sis & I went walked 1 round, ordering various local hawker-fare. The rojak was the 1st to arrive & it was really yummy! Then, we had a huge plate of fried hokkien mee, satay wif ketupat (rice), bbq stingray, mixed veg, bbq chix wings... Wow! It's been a long time since had such a sumptuous spread.  The ketupat is something novel to both of them & requested me to demo how to eat it, haha! I also veri busy helping them snap food pics. Veri soon, we realised that we seemed to order too much... Both of them are not veri big eaters! I tink i ate most of the satay, haha!  It was a hearty meal as we chit-chat... I even cracked a 冷笑話, when i commented that i love to ride on HK's MTR....curiously, they looked at me asked why? My reply: cos i like to listen to the MTR's announcement...“tu-tu-tu 請勿靠車門”LOL

We boarded a veri cool taxi back to their hotel... why it's cool leh? cos it's the 1st time I gotto hear a canto song when we got into the cab...the driver is a young chap who decor' his cab as if u r riding in a private car lo! He had tis cool Philips MP3 player wif remote & enhanced sound sys! Thou he din speak a single word, he knew we like canto, so he auto switched to his latest canto MP3 list! He even had teddy bears at the back seat pockets... 真是不一樣的德士!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Popular Reader's Choice