Friday, August 06, 2010

Go2Eat @ Santouka 。。。

Seriously, there's not much to do on our sunny island... hence, one of our fav past-time is 'Eating'! It's been some time since i was craving for Santouka & when i was on the bus pasting Central the previous day, i decided to date Clara to savour the yummy pork cheeks ramen here! Clara aka the ramen queen surprisingly had not tried Santouka before. Somehow, I would link ramen to clara these days, since she always love to eat it when we r out! It's always so shiok to savour the delectable food wif someone who truly enjoy it!

When I arrived at the restaurant, a queue was already formed outside... there were a few groups in front of me... i hope it would be faster for 2 pax table. On the other hand, Clara was stuck in ofc longer than expected! Ah... I was so bored & tired from queuing... By the time i shuffled to the display window of the ramen, i already had hallucination ~ wishing that the pork cheeks were edible! keke! So hungry!

As it's going to be my turn, the waitress almost 'skipped' me, as she said that all the diners muz be present.... I stared at her & told her my fren coming in 3mins!!! She quickly asked, so u be eating while waiting rite? wahaha! that's of course lah, so hungry & i been queuing for 35mins leh! Dun u noe a hungry gal is an angry gal huh? So glad my ramen were dished onto my table juz mins after sitting down! Really a sense of fulfillment when i tucked into the Tokusen Toroniku Ramen & this round I opted for the miso soup. Ever since i first try this in Jan this year, I had rated it as my fav ramen shop in Sg! Even Ippudo doesn't qualify into my ramen chart!


For $19++ , the serving is huge & the thick slices of pork cheeks is 物有所值, there's 6 slices + garnishing to go wif the ramen. The flavoured tamago here is simply authentic, wif the bright orangey watery yolk & a shiny egg white! As i blogged till here, my mouth is watering...hehe! When Clara finally arrived, i told her to quickly tuck into the ramen as it had been served for a while... I love how Clara looked when she had her 1st bite, haha! It's that kind of ... '' hmm, so heavenly!'' (if there's a thought bubble to depict ^o^)  I almost wanted to snap a pic of her expression, wahaha! When she was eating the last part, she told me, 'wait, let me savour this last bit'... haha!

After such a heavy meal, i proposed we strolled to The Book Cafe! Yeah, this is the 4th time i'm going & Clara was the 3rd person I am introducing this venue... However, after some distance, clara complained feeling hot & asked if we reaching... One thing i noticed was, thou it's the same route from Clarke Quay to Robertson Quay, but my experience walking wif 3 frens were so different! Even the scene we saw were diff... this time was lousy cos clara walked the back lane, so there's nothing to see... luckily there's a sofa left for us at Book Cafe! So R&R , sipping our lychee/longan frost, yummy! Juz a pity that clara is not a fan of cheese-cake, hence we only drink & chat our nite away...

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Popular Reader's Choice