Sunday, April 19, 2009

Dim Sum Tasting 。。。

Over the weekend, my family & I decided to try out a new dim sum place. I am super disappointed that our fav dim sum place ~ Harbour City Restaurant had succumbed under the financial crisis... we love it for its trolley-style dim sum, where we can order at the sight of it! It's been running for past decades... hence it's closure came as a surprise.

During a chat wif Rachel, she recommended me to try out Carlton Hotel's Wah Lok Cantonese Restaurant. She mentioned how tasty the 叉烧菠萝包 is & made me drool...haha! Cos i was lamenting that it's really hard to find authentic 菠萝包 in Sg that is comparable to what i had tried in HK!

Wif high expectations, I told my family we gotta try it out! Armed wif my camera & based on prior food reviews research... I ordered from its menu these: Steamed Lap Cheong Carrot Cake, Har Gow, Siew Mai, Char Siew Cheong Fun, Prawn Cheong Fun, Fried Toufu, Prawn wif Fried Bean Curd Skin... Then, a waitress wif a trolley past by & recommended us the Prawn wif Mango. To save some space in my tummy for the Po Lo Bun, I shared the Century Egg Congee wif mom, hehe!

The steam carrot cake is a spot-on difference... feel pretty healthy eating it vs the fried version! Amongst the numerous dim sum, my family actually felt the dim sum here is not as good as Harbourcity's.... They felt that only the steam carrot cake & chicken claws is nice. Well, i dun take the chicken claws but i could see they enjoyed those.

Finally, my long awaited 叉烧菠萝包, which is also the restaurant's specialty... i observed that many tables have this too. However, I find it abit saltish, it would be better if it's less salty & hv a more crispy crust. This is $3 for two. 叉烧肠粉 is my muz have, but the one here is sorely disappointing... dad pointed out the 肠粉 is too thick & i find the 叉烧 shld be shredded into thin slices instead of big pieces.

Service wise, the table set up was fast...while the food took too long to serve + a small mix up in our order. Otherwise, its within acceptable levels & dirty plates are change too. Lastly, we tried the desserts... i had the Mango wif Pomelo, i found it so-so only. I hope the standard can be improved further since i saw many accolades hanging at its main entrance. In a nutshell, If dun try, Never know! Live to Eat ^o^
Siew Mai
Char Siew Po Lo Buns
Prawn with Mango
Prawn with Deep Fried Beancurd Skin

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Popular Reader's Choice