Tuesday, September 17, 2013

Mid-Autumn Festival @ The Gardens

For the first time this year, the Mid-Autumn Festival (aka Mooncakes Festival) lanterns display has changed the venue to Gardens by the Bay. When I knew about it, I decided to go for a photoshoot.
 
Wei impromptu decided to join me & I was very happy! Cos since a year ago, I tried to 'jio' her to go for night shooting at Gardens by the Bay but it never materialise... A heavy downpour at 5pm kinda dampen my plans to shoot at the golden hour as well. Nevertheless, I had a backup plan which was to dine at Suntec City. It has recently reopened after a major renovation.
 
When we arrived at Suntec, we were dismayed at the lesser food choices at the basement... as it was getting late, we settle at Ichiban Boshi for some sushi. By the time we made our way to the gardens, it was already 9.30pm!
 


 
We slowly explored part of the gardens which lead to the main area of the lanterns display. The lanterns were not as good as we expected... especially if I compare it with those I saw in Taipei last year!  Hence, we simply did some handheld shoots as I also did not bring my tripod.





I like this Hi-5 shot! (oops, got only 3 fingers!) LoL
Guess I gotta return another day to do a proper shoot of the Sky Trees as its dim lightings made handheld shoot infeasible :(

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Popular Reader's Choice