I've came to the last day of my trip & the places I wana visit were mostly done, except for this final stop... Prior to setting off, gotta visit the HK cafe downstairs for the last time. Today's breakfast would be 菠蘿油 + 熱檸蜜 ~ simply impossible to find the exact taste in Sg! 菠蘿 means pineapple but the bun does not contain any pineapple at all, juz a name given to its outlook, haha! This bun is also a staple in any HK cafe & ppl can eat it for breakfast or tea =)
Done wif breakfast, i did a chk out of my room & left my luggage wif the 9th floor reception. I only had 1 destination in mind ~ Diamond Hill (鑽石山). Usually I would go to Wong Tai Sin, but I wanted to find some new place for photography... Judging from my street directory, the Chi Lin Nunnery (志蓮淨苑) is pretty near to the MTR. Before spotting Chi Lin, there's also a Nan Lian Garden (南蓮園池) sighted. Took me awhile to find Chi Lin's main temple area, which u had to walk up the stairs. The lotus pond provided a nice landscape for the temple grounds. Saw a few shutterbugs too & i started snapping shots of the lotus flowers & surroundings.
Juz when I was enjoying my shots, my hp buzz....shit! Sms fr Jetstar that my flight had been delayed till 10.25pm! How to spend the rest of my day & there's no room to return....damm! Hence, I took even a slower pace & walked over to the 南蓮園池, a nicely landscape park...wif neatly trimmed trees, pavilions & fat carps swimming gladily... I like the details, such as a wooden recycle bin & creative toilet signage....haha! One good thing coming to Diamond Hill was the better air & definately lesser tourists... which put one in a relaxing mood.
Lush landscaping
Can enjoy veg meal wif waterfall gushing down the glass
The nearest lunch venue would be Hollywood Plaza, situated next to the MTR. Lunch at the Food Republic food court & my 雙拼 of 叉燒+燒鵝飯 was huge & yummy! Since i dun wish to return to the touristy areas, I decided to catch a jap movie ~ Time Traveller. Sei, only me & another gal in the whole cinema! Wat a weird feeling! The leg-room was narrow too & it turned out that tis movie was the adaption of The Girl who Leapt thru' Time & I like its animation... this version was great too!
It's 5pm+ when i took a stroll along the Goldfish Street at Prince Edward. Then went over to Causeway Bay's SOGO to buy 老婆餅. I expected to be quite fast & shld return to Mong Kok by 6.30pm. Got a shock when I alighted at Admiralty station to transfer train... the platform was filled wif a humongous crowd I never encountered bef! There were MTR staff doing crowd control & ppl were whipping out hp to take pics of the situation! Siao! Only squeeze onto the 3rd train & luckily their train svc was speedy at 1min each. By the time i got back to hostel was abt 7pm.... Had planned to take a cab to TST MTR, however no cab was in sight despite walking the hostel's area wif my heavy luggage! Damm! Worried that I wouldn't make it to airport in time, my last resort was take the MTR, which was extremely crowded.
Had never experienced such nitemare bef as I usually use the airport bus previously. But i had no choice since already purchased a 2-way Airport Express for Kowloon Station. Hence, I had to wait for the airport shuttle opp TST's Kowloon Hotel. I wonder how the drivers manage in tis city as it's forever jamming & ppl would simply ignore traffic lights... The shuttle bus was caught in a jam too...thou such a short distance away. At the Kowloon MTR, I wanted to check-in first & Jetstar's counter couldn't even be found! Luckily, a friendly svc staff led me to the last counter & told me that JS usually uses this. Haiz, this counter actually was a shared-svc counter wif philippines airline etc... Best part was the gal told me that boarding gate still unknown! Huh! I had never exp this!
Upon reaching the airport, the display board still showed old info of my flight & a tentative time at mid-nite, so confusing! It's 9pm liao, only managed to grab a BK burger in the bustling airport. Went over to T2 & duno which direction to go...was told to go thru' Immigrations first ... T2 was like a ghost-town, wif few passengers. Since no info & no one to turn to, I could only wait...the only console was there's TV here showing my tvb serial's final ep! Only at 10.30pm, the boarding gate no. showed up! As i was chking the screen, a lady came up to me & asked if i'm taking JS. I told her ya & we shld be heading to xx Gate. While at the boarding gate, met another 2 aunties who chatted wif me. Turned out that they stayed in same hostel as me but on diff level! Finally, we had to Q up to take the connecting bus to the plane. Wow lau, felt so pathetic as we had to climb the stairs up the plane in extreme cold & darkness! Only at 12.30am, the flight departed for Sg....Wat a way to end my trip!







No comments:
Post a Comment