It's been nearly 2 mths since my frens & I had a gathering, the last being Qy's bday... As usual, the first one to have her bday in a brand new year is ~ Zhifang!
Thou her bday will be in a couple of wks, this busy woman is veri hard to 'book' de, so ruby had in advance 'blocked' her date for a makan session today! We decided on trying tis japanese restaurant ~ Ramen Santouka at Central, Clarke Quay. Ruby & I previously gave up on the long Q at this small restuarant tucked away in a corner of Central's 2nd floor. So now is a good chance to check it out!
Thou her bday will be in a couple of wks, this busy woman is veri hard to 'book' de, so ruby had in advance 'blocked' her date for a makan session today! We decided on trying tis japanese restaurant ~ Ramen Santouka at Central, Clarke Quay. Ruby & I previously gave up on the long Q at this small restuarant tucked away in a corner of Central's 2nd floor. So now is a good chance to check it out! I was abit skeptical after reading the extreme positive & neg reviews on HGW's website. Ok, i shall try it for myself. Without much tots, i decided to order Santouka's speciality ~ Tokusen Toroniku Ramen, it's more expensive than the usual pork, cos this is actually roast 'pork cheeks' slices! I bet you all will react e same way as Zf....she went ''yee...'' when i recommended her to try! Pork cheeks are expensive as only 200 to 300g may be obtained from each pig! The serving time was really fast, which is beyond our expectations... It's like within 10mins upon ordering. Looking around the restaurant, it seems that most ppl who patronised are here for this ramen!
As Santouka serves hokkaido style's ramen, the soup base tends to be more oily & salty. That's pretty close to what i had tried in Sapporo. There's a choice of 4 types of soup base, shio (salty), shioyu (soysauce), miso & karamiso (spicy miso). I opted for the 'shio' soup base and my photo here shows how the ramen set is being presented, while the tamago was added for a dollar. I enjoyed eating the pork cheeks, which is really my 1st try after having many types of tonkastu ramen lo! It's succulent, yet not fatty...yummy! Perhaps once in awhile, having such oily ramen is not that bad? (nvm, i need the fats to keep myself warm! keke!) After our dinner, we proceeded on part 2 of my plan ~ to take some group photos along the riverfront... it's really been a long time since four of us took grp pic tog! I lugged along my tripod for the night shots. It's a super breezy nite and this made strolling along Clarke Quay pretty relaxing & cooling. No sweat! I'm the director for the nite and the 3 gals were my 'models', hehe!
Wow, veri challenging leh as it's pretty hard to guage how to squeeze all of us tog, without blocking the scenery... plus abit hard to guage the distance fr the viewfinder, wif my cam mounted on the tripod. Hence, had to do some test shots wif ruby to trial & error. When camera ready to 'roll', i got the gals to stand into position & click the shutter. As the timer countdown fr 10seconds, i ran to my position too! Woohoo! It's so cool when we previewed our pics excitingly, haha!
My fav pic of the nite
I chose 3 spots around clarke quay for our photoshoot. However, i tink they were still suffering fr monday blues as my 'models' complained of thirsty & tiredness after juz half an hour! Well, quality shots can't be rushed & i realised that we should had stayed still for a second more while using flash (cos turned out not sharp). But the subsequent shots at the bridge & fountain, taken without flash were close to perfect! Yeah!
Anyway, hope that all of you had enjoyed the evening & we can take such group pics more often! Gals, to commemorate our friendship for the past decade, I will like to dedicate 范范's 《一个像夏天一个像秋天》to you all ^o^






No comments:
Post a Comment