I've to decide on a dining venue to cater to everyone... i think long & hard, cos getting tired of our usual places. Well, when i decided on part 2 of my plan (see below), I decided on Vivo City. But Vivo is so huge, which restaurant leh? Ahh, i turn to the online solution at hungrygowhere.com to seek out reviews.
After reading numerous reviews, I zoomed in to Shin Kushiya, which is famous for its japanese charcoal grilled Kushiyaki. 'Kushiyaki' refers to grilled skewers. After seeing some food pics & reviews, I juz couldn't wait to try it! Since reservation is allowed, I specially requested for window seats. Btw, their reservation line is really HOT! Only on my 4th call, I got thru'....
It's friday evening & I met up wif Ruby & Qiuyun before locating Shin Kushiya outlet. We were ushered to this corner table which could sit 6 pax! The ambience was good (probably we hv our privacy at a corner) + a view of Sentosa. Since Zf would be late, we proceeded to order 1st. We took quite awhile to decide which to order, since it's a first time for all of us!
Button Mushrooms, Negima Mekajiki (grilled swordfish), Tsukune (chix balls)
Shiitake Mushrooms wrapped in Pork, Gyu Karubi (grilled beef) The gals wanna order a fish dish & I get to decide either codfish or the mackeral... So, i opted for this Tosei Saba Yaki, which is makeral fillet wif citrus soy marinade. Good choice, it was nice too & the chef had brillantly removed the fish's backbone (still hv the fine bones thou).
Tosei Saba Yaki
As for maki, we opted for the Ebi Avocado Maki & Soft Shell Crab Maki. Well, I couldn't really taste the avocado in the Ebi Avocado Maki :( However, I find the Soft Shell Crab Maki more tasty! I was so hungry initally that i din even notice how many pieces on each plate of Maki till someone mentioned, hey, each hv 2 pieces...haha! By then, i already woffled down those quota liao lo!
Soft Shell Crab Maki
Ebi Avocado Maki
Our orders didn't seems alot but as we ate them, I could see the surrender signs on my frens' faces, haha! Can't waste wo... cos we pay so much rite? The last piece found its way into my tummy, hehe! Despite the 'fullness', my frens suggested trying the desserts... I am such a picky eater that i wan only the Kuro Goma Heaven - Black sesame ice cream wif homemake black sesame cream & choc wafer!!! They chose the Azuki Parfait too - Red bean ice cream wif red bean paste, brown & green tea jelly & caramalised sweet potato (so long list!).
Thou i tasted both, I still prefer the Kuro Goma ... as for the last word Heaven, u gotta admit the 'heavenly' feel upon tasting a spoonful of it! The black sesame is so smooth & it's accompanying strawberry is so juicy! As i am writing this, i still wanna eat again! The Azuki Parfait was not too bad but i dun like the idea of it serving in a tall glass... so better stir the various layers at the bottom for a blended mixture, else u would be eating so many flavours separately.
After our sumptuous dinner, we cab down to The Villa Bali, juz a stone throw away. This chill out place is quite ulu, located off telok blangah rd. The decor is balinese style wif seats in alfresco area & soft music played. If u r lucky enuf, u can spot stars when u look up into the skies! I saw an esp shiny STAR! Alas, it was a humid nite! If come on a breezy nite, I am sure it will be more comfy! Our nite ended off wif drink treats from Qy's hubby's fren... really unexpected! Our 2 grps chatted & time juz zoomed by really fast!
Thank you gals, for this wonderful pre-bday celebrations ^o^


1 comment:
Hey! The pics are well taken...especially the sushi! Hee!
Oh btw, I realised that my hubby shared the drinks bill with the broker... Haha....
Glad that you enjoyed the night.. Actually quite worried when zf suggested to ask them over to our table... Cos not sure if you and ruby are comfortable... Keke!!
Post a Comment