Today was a test of if my brain cells r still alive...had one of my most challenging interview session. Still recovering fr a bout of flu, my brain had to churn real fast in half hr battle!!! Got thru' a phone intv yday, & was asked to attend a face2face intv. The post was as a conference producer...veri interesting job, becos of its uniqueness & seeing a chance to travel & mit ppl, i jumped on e bandwagon....
The intv was by 2 ladies who took turns to fire Q at me...It's not e usual tell me abt yourself or job exp Q. But veri much scenario base to test ur reaction. Below were some of the Q posted:
>> Tell me what you think e job is abt and wat's needed in producing a conference?
>> Your greatest strength & weakness...E.g.
>> Your personal & career goal.
The above sounds simple hor? Here comes e more challenging ones...
>> If we r your investors, have $1mil , give u 5min to think of a biz proposal to convince us to invest in your biz!!!
In my mind was WOW! Stay cool! I gave them an ans aft 1min of silence & a sip of water...keke! Cos I alreadi had a dream biz plan yrs ago... I tried my best to sell them e idea of franchising HK's Sweet Dynasty's concept to Singapore. I even described in vivid details how the fried dough won't turn sogy & oily aft 1 hr! (unlike Sg's ones). Plus, the desserts hv huge variety, & got dry-ice effects...keke! My target segment r ppl in their 20s to 30s. Biz in mid of Ochard Rd. As usual, i think i can tell such great stories! LOL. Even hav to utilise the 4Ps of marketing to let them part wif $1mil.
>> Next Q, even trickier ... Choose a topic, based on Sg's Economy, choose a conference topic. Tell us your target ppl.. Plus how u can help generate additional income for e Co thru' tis conference.
I think i gave a pretty gd ans ... IT's really a test of general knowlege leh, piangz! My ans was how SMEs can internationalise...but was rebuked as topic too lengthy. Fine, so i chg to ''Internationalisation of SMEs''. Even, described who i will invite and to get extra inc, will sell participants booklets of how to do biz in various industries in diff ctries. (i tot tt's all...aft rattling so much, NO LOR!)
>> Give an e.g of a SME that has gone international.
Bravo! I quoted Creative, even state their latest Profit & Loss, haahaa! Luckily, i followed financial news... Also can state $$ Creative earned fr it's I-Pod patent.
The above Q were draining... my last Q ...
>> Do you read? Tell me e latest biz mgt book u read.
Aiyo...there's goes my reading list.
Half hr battle... i think my brain nv work so hard lately. The 2 intvers went out to dicuss e verdict. Well well, It's abit disappt. Reason for unable to go to 3rd round, they find i dun display Leadership??? Alas, i cracked my brain, still duno how i can display leadership in intv. Honestly, i think i've lor, but need do let me do it to prove. They were afraid, i be 'eaten' up by demanding ppl, i guess it's appearance issue again. Anyway, It's still a glorious battle thou' i din win it! ;-)
Thursday, August 16, 2007
Popular Reader's Choice
-
你知不知道多啦A夢最怕什麽? 你知不知道多啦A夢原本不是藍色呀? 如果你知道以上的答案,你就是標準的多啦A夢粉絲啦! ( 這裡有故事的開始看 ) 粉絲們, 好消息!今年夏天,海港城(香港)將於2012年8月14日至9月16日期間舉行 【你睇!! 多啦A夢...
-
Another rainy afternoon as I made my way to Bugis area... after the downpour stopped, I walked to the chinese temple's area to play wif ...
-
I'm quite excited about today as I had planned to visit the 20th World Orchid Conference (WOC) held at Marina Bay Sands Expo. However, I...
-
We were checking out Plaza Singapura's new extension in its First weekend... There were four levels at the extension wing, with Uniql...
-
一轉眼已經到了十月份,再多兩個月就結束傳説中的世界末日 ~ 2012年!如果真的有那麽一天那還好,這樣我就會徹底地去瘋狂一次,不需要再去煩惱未來! 過去兩個月就是一邊生病,一邊作戰。。。應付一輪又一輪的面試,即使生病也得逞下去。經歷了重感冒,接著嚴重的喉嚨痛,現在慶...

No comments:
Post a Comment