If I would to use one word to describe my 2013, I would say it's 'Adventurous'! The first quarter & last quarter especially, I had accumulated new experiences. I made the most right choice to go on my 1st Solo backpacking trip to Japan in Spring. The timing were simply perfect as I got cheap air ticket on a direct flight; I was able to get all my budget stays thou I only had a month to plan. Best of all, the timing I chose to fly coincide with the early arrival of cherry blossom aka Sakura! YES! This is exactly what I had visualised for years & a very much postponed trip since 2008.
In a way, I had pose a challenge to survive in a totally unfamiliar place with a language I'm not familiar with as well. Non-verbal communication is the key part in allowing me to interact with the locals. Combining my passion for travel & photography, I came home with a number of shots that I love ~ satisfied ^o^ Plus all the oishii food that I had while there! It feels so good to check off my Place to Go. My dream for 2014 will be Italy! I'm going to step into Europe ~ hopefully! *grins*
In the last quarter of 2014, I landed an assignment with a HK Dot.com Co. It's small in scale vs all those big MNCs I had worked for. I guess it's the culture & young energetic people who make the difference. A lot of transparency & virtually no hierarchy to speak of. It's so funny that my team-mate shares the same zodiac & horoscope as me! But we are still poles apart in terms of personality. Oh yeah, the perks of this job has gotten me some calories as we got log cakes for the festive season & even pineapple tarts way ahead of CNY! Sharing a common passion for Food, the office peeps are a bunch of food connoisseur! I couldn't help but to wonder, do these ppl really work for passion only?!
Anyway, I'm really surprised when I saw the weighing scale showed I had put on 2kg! Woohoo! I'm happy if it remained like this as I think I ought to have abit more fats to keep myself warm & look healthier! Hmm, seems like all the festive eating helps LoL
Looking ahead for 2014, I definitely need to get my 70D & to get use to the additional weight & usage. I would want to have more freelance photography jobs to strengthen my portfolio & to launch my portfolio website. I also would want to land a good career with prospects & opportunity for growth. Lastly, I will wish for good health & have a smooth sailing 2014! Cheers ~ Dreamer

No comments:
Post a Comment