It's been a month since I shot with dslr... with the upcoming Mid-Autumn Festival, a series of lanterns displays lit up the river-bank. I decided to pop down to Clarke Quay for dinner & photo-walk. I couldn't remember when was the last time i dine at Central & only discovered today that the food court had given way to a chinese herbal soup restaurant! After walking one round, I decided to try The Freshness Burger. It's quite empty despite being a sat evening. I ordered a Teriyaki burger with Onion Rings & an ice-lemon tea. The beef patty was small, however I found the burger tasty & its bun was very soft to the bite! The onion rings were rather unique, wif a soft batter... if u love them crispy, then this won't suit your taste-buds. Its texture is like MOS burger's fries. It's a tad pricey thou as the meal cost 8 bucks!
There's pandas lanterns added to the display too!
After filling my tummy, it's time to practice photography... I was lazy to lug my tripod along & decided to shoot free-hand! How times flies... I remembered using my new Fotopro tripod at this location for the lanterns shoot last year! This year, the organiser fenced up one end of the path, which used to allow access for a closer shot of the lanterns across the riverbank. I could only shoot from a distance & used the railings as support. I decided to practice panning & zoom burst!
Chinese New Year
Dragon Boat Festival
Chinese Valentine's Day (Qi Xi)
Winter Solstice (Dong Zhi) - where families gather to eat Tang Yuan
The whole area was flooding with people & I had to shoot fast... hence, not having a tripod was also a good idea! I focused on the floating lanterns which depict various Chinese festivals. I like the one depicting Dragon Boat Festival most! Thou I like Mid-Autumn Festival but I'm not a big fan of mooncakes! I prefer the savoury dumplings!
Cool streaks of lights!
I noticed many photographers lugging their dslr & tripods... some squeezed closed to the bridge for the panorama shot. I decided to shoot using 5 vertical shots & stitch them up. My foto buddy ~ Wei likes to shoot pano in such manner & I gotta test it out too! I was damm lucky as some of the lights on the bridge switched off right after i finished shooting!
I continued strolling over to the pubs area at Clarke Quay... I noticed sisha (turkish smoking pipes) outlets there. In the past, there were no such outlets here. At one of these places, there's a pretty dancer dancing & weaving thru' their customers. Interesting!
Next, I went to the fountain area to practice shooting at various shutter speed, both slow & fast... too bad, no spectacular shots during my experiment as I wanted to capture kids playing there. I returned to Central & bought myself a push-cart's Sweet Corn ice-cream with bread, yummy! The ice-cream seller enjoyed roaring business & luckily still have the flavour I wanted! A sweet ending to my photo-walk!



No comments:
Post a Comment