I have wanted to practice landscape photography at Chinese Garden since last year...the rainy season came & went. The shoot was postponed from last month till today! It's been a long time since i had a photoshoot wif my foto buddy ~ Wei. We agreed to meet at the Chinese Garden MRT station at 5pm. However, Wei was late by 30mins! I prefer to shoot during the golden hours to get the best light!
Today is our first photoshoot at Chinese Garden... thou i remember vaguely I had came here when i was a toddler! According to Wikipedia, the Chinese Garden was built in 1975 and modelled after northern chinese imperial style of architecture and landscaping. Despite being a weekday, we saw quite a number of foreign visitors. We checked the park's map & Wei suggested to walk toward the Japanese Garden first...
Nice fluffy clouds!
The scenary on the bridge
We came to this nice white bridge which connects the 2 parks. We spent some time composing our landscape shots here. I like the greenery & blue skies today, thou it was abit more cloudy! While strolling on the bridge, I felt a sense of serenity which temporarily made me forget that we are living in an urban city! On the other side of the bridge, it seats the Japanese Garden which is relatively smaller. It is created to mimic the old japanese era wif red bridges, pond and stone carvings.
Our unexpected sighting!
Camera...Action! Milky Stork eating fish!
Drink some water to cool off!
Next, we saw a lotus pond and tried very hard to spot a nice lotus flower... I also changed to my zoom lens & sat on the grass to shoot. There were many tiny flying insects buzzing around which distracted me! Then, I heard whistle sound from Wei & when i turned around, i was amazed that there is a white-coloured water-bird on the lake! I quickly & quietly went nearer and both of us snapped multiple shots of this Milky Stork... There was an old uncle who brought a big bag of bread & fishes to feed the stork! Thanks to the uncle feeding it, we were able to get a closer view of it! We trailed the bird for quite a long time and it's very interesting to see how the stork caught the fish & then quickly moves aside to devour the fish in its big beak!
From Sunset to Blue Hour
After satisfying our zoom shoots, we strolled back to the Chinese Garden side and it was juz nice for some sunset shoots... Wei lent me to try out her Tamron 17 - 50mm F2.8 lens. Due to the wide aperture, I was able to get some sunset/dusk photos without using tripod. Anyway, I didn't bring my tripod, haha! We ended our session at 7.30pm & was feeling famished!
Our scrumptious meal
We boarded the MRT to Jurong East & went over to Jcube for late dinner. I proposed to try out this Kungfu Paradise which i had read reviews. I ordered a fried chicken baked rice & the portion was huge! However, it was really delicious & both of us find the fried chicken was tasty & crispy. Wei also suggested to have 2 dim sum as side orders ~ Siew Mai & Custard Buns. We think both were gd, esp the buns that oozed out the liquid salted egg yolk! Wei had a spicy diced chicken served with korean instant noodles ~ the noodles were really Q to the bite! A satisfactory meal was perfect to round off our tiring, yet rewarding day!



No comments:
Post a Comment