This evening, Ruby & I joined a Meetup group for a photography session at Tanjong Rhu. It's my 2nd time & not much luck wif this venue as there was a thunderstorm the previous day, hence the skies today were veri much cloudy & grey! Remember the last round I visited a month ago also experienced a dull sky!
Upon reaching the Stadium Waterfront area, I met CK & subsequently i got to mit a few others whom i 'know' online but yet to meet bef... It's 6pm but the sun didn't seem appealing...while chatting wif the few of them, one asked if we would be interested to go shoot fireworks instead? Becos' there's National Day Parade Rehearsal over these few weekends. So, impromptu, we changed our plans & followed our 'leader' to the Sheares Bridge.
However, along the way i also managed to capture a few shots. But the best sunset was spotted on the bridge (which is also the Expressway!). I had always been thinking of shooting high up there & finally now got to experience it! It's a totally different feeling to be high up there, fast vehicles zapping fast, huge wind which messed up my hair & made me worried if the strong wind would topple my tripod & dslr! The most challenging part was stablising the tripod as the bridge vibrated when the vehicles zoom past!
As the sun set & night fall, I witness our beautiful skyline on tis high vantage point! It's a pity the long exposure shots & fireworks din turn out well ... blurred! But the whole scene & fireworks exploding against the skyline is a new experience for me! I felt abit surreal if this is my hometown! (plus the cold wind blowing fiercely for an hour+)
Here's some of the shots taken during my 2 trips to Tg Rhu.
Starlight Sunset
Nice orangy hue across the skies
At Dusk, the Singapore Flyer lit up & frame Marina Bay Sands


No comments:
Post a Comment