1 week ago, my buddy ~ Denise asked me when shall we meet & where to eat for my birthday? We used to patronise Ma Maison mostly as I will receive their bday voucher. As much as I wanted to re-visit Ma Maison for the Tonkatsu we had in April... I was feeling too heaty & afraid will fall ill if eat too much heaty stuff. Since it's more convenient to meet up at Somerset, we settled for Santouka...
At the beginning of this month, i introduced Denise to this Santouka outlet at Cuppage Terrace... This is my favourite ramen restaurant since discovering it at Clarke Quay's Central outlet. Santouka (山頭火) serves hokkaido style ramen & its speciality is the (Toroniku) Pork Cheeks Ramen! I had intro a few of my frens to try it & everyone gave the thumbs up! For S$20, you can choose between 3 soup base ~ Shio (salt), Shoyu (soya sauce) or Miso. I highly recommend to top-up S$1.50 for their Komi Tamago (flavoured egg). So far, i find the Tamago here is most authentic, wif a deep yellow juicy yolk oozing out!
Denise & I were lucky to get the alfresco 2-seater upon reaching as there's quite a number of people queuing up! Without hesitation, both of us ordered the Toroniku Shio + Tamago. I like that their serving speed is also fast! After a quick photo-shoot, we tucked into our piping hot ramen... ohlala! There's a sense of fulfilment eating this... I love to dip the condiments into the soup to 'soften' the bamboo shoots, keke! There's 6 thick slices of pork cheeks. For the serving quantity & texture of the pork cheeks (rmbr, each pig only has 2 cheeks!), it is value for money. I always manage to finish everything & not a strand of ramen is left in the soup! Denise said that I can really EAT! wahaha!
After a long chat & rest at Santouka, Denise foot the bill! My buddy really loves me! It's been 9 years since we met at work... how time flies! We strolled to nearby OG & Orchard Central to digest our heavy meal. Over at Orchard Central, there's a number of vintage cars on display & we enjoyed shooting wif our hp! I managed to do a self-shot wif denise & she said that i'm really gd at it! Well, i dun think I-Phone is that friendly for self-shoot as there's no physical shutter as compared to my Sony Xperia!
After a brief stroll, we adjoined to House of Robert Timms ~ an aussie cafe at Somerset. I love their Crème Brûlée Cheesecake as I couldn't find any other similar ones elsewhere. It's been over half a year since last visited & the cheesecake now cost S$7. Well, it's still ok as the slice is sufficient for 2 persons. I also decided to try its strawberry smoothie. Surprisingly, Denise prefer the authentic New York Cheesecake vs Crème Brûlée Cheesecake. In contrary, my other buddy ~ Ruby like this too! The 3 of us r cheesecake lovers!
We ended the evening at 10pm as next day is a working day... I am really thankful that I have true frens who will stand by me no matter what happens. As one age, our circle of frens will shrink. Like years ago, i used to have consecutive bday meals stretching all the way to early June... however it no longer happens as people changes along the way. I believe in FATE. The only constant is I'm still the fren u can rely on since u know me at Day One! ヘ(^_^ヘ)(ノ^_^)ノ




No comments:
Post a Comment