Sunday, May 29, 2011

Dreamer's Birthday Bash!

Remember I didn't managed to gather my group of KTV kakis last year for my bday & I'm determined to make it happen this year! This time round, I checked the availability of my frens way ahead! 2 of them couldn't make it in the end & 4 were able to join me! It's really not easy to gather all my close frens together since everyone r so busy! Being the Dreamer, I already started cracking my brain how to create the FUN element....hmm...think of it, why nobody ever do any surprise stuff for me? haha!  When the inspiration struck me, I immediately went to get the stuff & sms my 'advertisement' to my frens.

I'm damm excited about today! Headed out to lunch wif family 1st and we were dismayed that our fav dim sum restaurant at IB had closed down! In a hurry, we could only head to Shaw's Crystal Jade & their dim sum were disappointing! At 2pm, I met up wif Denise at Shaw House & headed to Partyworld IB.  Time flies & it's been 6 yrs since I went KTV wif Denise! Gosh! After we got the room, Ruby arrived & I had intro both of them on 31 Dec 2010 during the NY Countdown! Haha! I love the idea that all my close frens know each other!

Started off the session wif 李玖哲 songs cos ruby & I happened to meet him on Friday's nite! He & his group of frens walked past us & we were both surprised to see him, haha! Denise was too tired to sing after her workout & ruby was abit lost touch wif C-Pop after immersing in K-pop all these while... so I'm the only one exercising my fingers on the remote control!Sheila arrived wif a pressie for me. She & denise had not met in donkey years! Both of them were my ex-colleagues turned buddies, if without them around, i doubt i could survive 2 years in that Co. I asked Sheila to duet wif me 屋頂 cos I can't help to reminisce our ex-co's roof-top, which was our fav chill-out place when on nite-shifts! It's on the roof-top where we shared alot of sweet memories...

Clara arrived much later & I was surprised she got me a pressie too! It's the first time for clara to mit denise & sheila.  Finally everyone had gathered & I could start my 2mins ice-breaker game! The idea of this game was for them to find out some common things among us & the person who answer rite will get to choose her light-stick's colour!  This game really got the gals excited as they were kept guessing, haha! Ruby answered my 1st Q rite & got her fav BLUE light-stick! Sheila made a smart guess on the 2nd Q & chose RED! Yellow was picked by Denise & Clara got the last Green one, LoL  For myself, i pre-selected the PINK, but it turned out to be Purple, haha! (Pink is supp Sammi's colour for concerts)  With our light-sticks in hand, our mini-concert kicked off officially!


When Ruby started using my cam to take fotos for me, I also got into the mood of taking pics... Quite a challenge snapping in dim lightings & luckily i got my 50mm lens! When Sheila & Denise complained my close-up shots made them looked fat, I decided to try a top-down angle by standing on the sofa! Wohoho! It worked perfectly & this angle certainly made them looked slightly thinner! Upon discovering this angle, half of our subsequent shots were taken this way!

I was the one singing most of the time, till I almost no stamina/voice! Sang a variety of my fav songs fr JJ, 林峰, xiaozhu, Sammi, A*Mei, A-Lin, 丁噹 。。。 For my 1st attempts, I also practiced 《掉了》,《旅行的意義》+《太溫柔》. When it came to A-Lin's 《分手是需要練習的》, I had a fantastic duet wif Sheila! We found back our once-upon-a-time's 默契!Since we had not KTV for a few yrs liao... we all know that A-Lin's songs r super high-pitch! All the tough-cookies happened to be towards the last part! Then, Sheila mentioned abt 丁噹 songs & we duet 《我愛他》。。。 Again, I challenged 戴愛琳 《對的人》! It's really HIGH as we sang these challenging tunes one after another!


Before our 4hrs of partying end, I duet wif Ruby 《一個像夏天一個像秋天》 + 《一眼瞬間》. Wrapped up the session wif 蕭敬騰《會痛的石頭》! Party time really pass veri fast & we stayed back to snap some final group shots! There were lots of NGs when we took group shots & poor ruby gotta kept re-take for us!

Clara, Ruby & I adjoined to Canele for dinner, while Denise & Sheila left for their respective appointments. At Canele, i tot we could order a pizza to share but it's not on tis outlet's menu... so I opted for the Canele Cheese Burger instead, while the gals had pasta. Omg! I was stunned when i saw how huge the burger was! The oozing sauce from the beef patty made a scrumptious shot! It took me ages to eat the burger & the beef wif the melted cheese was really juicy! Lastly, we had a Strawberry Crepe to share for our desserts ~ my craving for the week was satisfied!

Really appreciate all my dear frens for making an effort to join in my mini-concert & giving me such a memorable bday. As such, I had labelled this my BEST BIRTHDAY CELEBRATION EVER! ^o^

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Popular Reader's Choice